PDA

View Full Version : UK Pak Mei/Lung Ying

Ross
12-11-2000, 02:16 AM
Can anyone recommend any pak mei/lung ying clubs in England north of London?

Thanks, R

Ben Gash
12-11-2000, 06:14 PM
Sorry, most of the Bak Mei in England is on the South coast, and the only Lung Ying I can think of is in South Wales.

"Weapons are the embodiments of fear,
the wise use them only when they have no choice"
Lao Tzu

whatever
12-12-2000, 06:38 PM
the only lung ying club is in east london but is kinda semi-closed..in nw/n and south london you got a pak mai club...but once again,unless you know some one from the club its kinda closed door...the best thing to do is wait until chinese new year...as both lung ying and pak mei clubs based in london do lion dancing at this time and speak to one of the performers...they can provide you with more info!!

MarkS
12-19-2000, 06:36 PM
Hey 'whatever' do you happen to know the names of the teachers of the Pak Mei and Lung Ying clubs you know in London?

Mark

Kevin Barkman
12-20-2000, 11:31 PM
FYI - there is a Lung Ying school in London - I don't have the address on hand, but their Sifu is Mr Wai Ken Fu - a very knowledgable and friendly person. He can also put you into touch with the Eyebrowers as well.

kevin

Julian Dale
01-01-2001, 01:40 PM
There is a Bak Mei SiFu in London by the name of Tang. You may be able to get his details via the British Council for Chinese Martial arts . He is based in or around London China Town.

Don't know much about him him, but have heard he is quite good

01-01-2001, 09:21 PM
For Lung Ying Mor Kui in London, there are actually a lot of masters...Sifu Tsang Gon Chui..and also present Representative of the style Sifu Lee Fook Saur. The sons of Sifu Lee Fook Saur still teaches once a week in Seven Sister Road.
For Bak Mei, that has to be Sifu Tang Jo Duk. Tony Tang. Am not too sure about his classes.

Erasmus Lightstone
01-13-2001, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry but my chinese is not very good. Is Lung Ying a particular style and if so..what is it's more popular name? Is Lung Ying a combination of Dragon(Lung) and Eagle(Ying as in Ying Jow Pai)?

Ben Gash
01-14-2001, 12:52 AM
Lung Ying Kuen means dragon sign boxing, and is a shorthand system from southern China. It is related to Bak Mei, and to the casual observer looks similar.

"Weapons are the embodiments of fear,
the wise use them only when they have no choice"
Lao Tzu

Pakmei
01-14-2001, 01:32 PM
Hi there R,

I am one of Tang Sifu's senior students for the Pak Mei Pai.
I was reading your message that you wanted to know where there was a Pak Mei club in the UK.

Unfortunately, Tang Sifu has closed all of his London clubs, but has a couple in Dartford still running.

I am one Tang's Sifu, senior students. I have trained under him in Pak Mei and Lion Dancing for 10 years.

If your interested in more information you can contact me on my work email address on: dave.stevens@ntl.com

Otherthan that I know we are out this year in London's China Town for the New Year. By all means come along and introduce yourself to us.

Dave Stevens