PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mac users who program with Java plz help

Sharky
01-28-2002, 04:27 PM
I have to use a mac until a pc falls out of the sky and into my lap, and i need to write a couple of java programs. i know how to use macs fairly ok-ishly... but i need help - cna someone tell me how to compile the programs i write? i got bbedit which is enough for me to code with, but how do i compile with it? i dloaded bbedit then dloaded MRJ 2.2.4 and installed them both.

basically, how do i compile?

thanks

sorry for being off topic

halfling
01-28-2002, 04:42 PM
ok, i dont nkow much about computers, especially macs but i do know some about comp programming and the such..... dont you need to download a compiler too such as blue j or i think Borland (sp?) has one. The program where you write the code might have a compiler in it but if not you need to get one, then it should compile. Good luck though, i tried to get my computer to download and compile my java progs a year ago and never got it to work on a pc , had to go over to a friends. i dont know if this helps but good luck :)

Sharky
01-28-2002, 05:01 PM
macs are gay :(

rubthebuddha
01-28-2002, 05:14 PM
and the captain obvious award for 2002 goes tooooooo ...

SHARKY!

sorry i can't help you bud. if i could, i'd lightly lob a pc your way. however,

1. i don't have a spare pc
2. if lightly lobbing anything across the atlantic was possible, charles lindberg would be a heckuva lot less famous today.

Sharky
01-28-2002, 05:30 PM
more sadness :( :( :(

Sharky
01-28-2002, 06:21 PM
just so it doesn't keep you up at night, weeping to your pillow:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/getStarted/cupojava/mac.html#1

halfling
01-28-2002, 06:36 PM
so.............., did you get it working?

Sharky
01-28-2002, 06:55 PM
no, it's 2am, and i think i know how to do it, and i promised myself a 6am run tomorrow, so there is no way i'm staying up any longer.

frustratingly, i gotta actually write the fecking program now :(

been trying to put it off but hey....

cheers

Edd