PDA

View Full Version : Strengthening Elbow joints?

Jeff Liboiron
01-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Just wondering if you guys new any techniques that would help make my elbow joints stronger.

Robinf
01-29-2002, 06:43 AM
You really can't strengthen the joint itself. Why do you need to strengthen the joint? Are you trying to build more power in some techniques?

You can strengthen the muscles that control the movement, however.

You probably already have a few exercises to strengthen your bicep and tricep (curls and extensions). You also should strengthen the muscles in the forearms. What I love to do I call the bar of pain--it's a small bar with weights attached to it by a string. You hold it in both hands (the weight is in the middle) with your arms outstretched and then roll twist the bar so the string coils around the bar, and untwist it down.

As far as using supplements out there, like glucosamine. For me, personally, there just isn't enough evidence to support taking things like this--how much, should it be in combination with the other supplements, etc. The priliminary results look very promising, but for me there needs to be more done.

Robin

ElPietro
01-30-2002, 07:59 AM
Working out with heavy weights can strengthen tendon, ligaments and overall bone density. This may help you in your quest for "stronger elbows."

Johnny Hot Shot
02-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Just keep rolling the more you practise the stronger your joints get.

But your from BC I'm sure you know about strong joints :D