PDA

View Full Version : Health Problems

KC Elbows
01-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Got a question for you guys. I've already got a doctor's appointment, but I'm just curious if anyone has had a similar problem.

My right side feels like there's pressure there, and I feel like my kidney is bruised, like I took a kidney shot a few days ago, but I didn't.

Sucks bad, as I just beefed up my workout, and now it looks like I'll have to back off.

nospam
01-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Two possibilities at the top of my head:

1) kidney stone

2) If you have done any lifting recently and depending on where the pain is exactly- hernia

nospam.
:cool:

KC Elbows
01-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Too high to be a hernia, but kidney stone/infection appears to be possible.

redfist
01-29-2002, 05:57 PM
are you taking any supplements?
if so,what are they?
how much water do you drink per day?
do you lift weights,and use a lot of weight when you do?
what could have you done that put stress on that area lately?
how old are you?

you don`t have to post answers if you don`t want.

if it was a kidney stone chances are you would not be able to
sit at a typewriter,i have seen people in this condition and the pain is increadable,

i will take a guess and,assume it`s some type of inflamation,
caused by some type of repetative motion,

try extra calcium in your diet for starters,
if your taking supplements ie;creatine,go off it NOW,and see how you feel,and any others that would challenge the filtering process of the kidneys.

herbal remedys that you could use include,

1.extract of wild yam,it has been shown to relax both smooth and striated muscle
2.extracted of turmeric,is good for inflamatory conditions
3.euccomia bark tea,this one you will have to get at your local
china town herb store,it`s chinese name is du zhong,ask for it first by it`s latin name,if the guys any good he will know what your talking about,it`s for spinal and back problems.

KC Elbows
01-30-2002, 09:43 AM
Not taking any supplements.

I have increased my water intake.

I started lifting recently, but the discomfort actually perdates the lifting, it just was a very mild discomfort.

31 years old.

I get a lot of calcium in my diet.

I agree, probably not a kidney stone, but right now it looks like maybe a kidney infection. Have to wait for the doctor's prognosis, but everyone I've talked to who's had a kidney infection says it felt like what I described.

Thanks fro the herbal info, redfist.

redfist
01-30-2002, 01:51 PM
cranberry juice,a good brand from the health food store,
very good for kidney and urinary tract infection.

Cyborg
01-30-2002, 03:13 PM
I highly suggest a cleanse. If you don't know what that is, it is to you what an oil change is to your car. Here's your options.
1: eat nothing and drink only juice and water (alternating) for three days. Try to drink 2 gals. total each day. (Have a bathroom nearby!)
2: add whole fruit to the above option and do it for three to five days.
3: add salad to #2 and do that for 7-10 days.

What that does is allows your body the break from all the digestion. The body will purify itself if given a chance. My sister just last week had severe stomach pain. She took two ounces of olive oil and chased that down with lemon juice. I don't remember how often... if you want more info say so and I'll ask. It worked for her, she passed several small kidney stones:eek: but it was painless!

And during the cleanse you won't feel good I promise. But afterward... it's well worth it.