PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest????

Sihing73
01-31-2002, 04:35 AM
Hello,

We seemed to have a fairly positive time at the "East Coast/Friendship Gathering" held in Queens, NY in the second week of January. I have been talking to a couple of people who are interested in doing this again. This time, we are thinking of holding it at a park or some other type of non-affiliated location. I am hoping that this will allow even more people to attend. I would also like to include family members so that they can take part in communining with others who either do or are involved with people doing Wing Chun. If you like you can consider them a type of "support group", lol. Hi I'm "their name" and my significant other is a Wing Chun Aholic :p

Another thing I was considering was all of us getting our family and friends and going to an amusement park. We could all have fun and then work out for a bit in some of the groves etc. This way the family could really enjoy themselves. I know that we could get a fairly substantial discount at quite a few places with a group purchase.

I was thinking of this taking place in the early summer. Peter, one of the guys from Queens and I were talking about this and he would love the idea of a bi-annual get together. I must admit it sounds pretty cool to me to. In any event, think it over and let me know if anyone would be interested in doing something like this.

Peace,

Dave

[Censored]
01-31-2002, 12:33 PM
Or, is anyone interested in holding an informal event on the West Coast (Seattle area) on a semi-regular basis (every 2-3 months)?

fgxpanzerz
01-31-2002, 12:42 PM
By the way, this is Tim from the first gathering. The part about the amusement park...I dunno. It would be kinda hard to work out at Great Adventure! We'd get a lot of stares. A park sounds ok. Oh yeah, where can I look at the recordings from the first gathering? ARe they up on a website, yet?

rubthebuddha
01-31-2002, 02:34 PM
i'm just a biscuit from seattle up here in bellingham, and i'd be glad to meet up.

CanadianBadAss
01-31-2002, 03:21 PM
ya, and that would make me like two biscuits from seattle.
Only If i could get a ride with some one... in bellingham maybe...

But y not come to vancouver, its so much better then seattle.

rubthebuddha
02-01-2002, 10:02 AM
agreed. it's because you guys have hockey.

plus, methinks there are more general MA folks on this board from the greater vancouver area than there are from seattle and such.

[Censored]
02-01-2002, 12:53 PM
OK, we need some fair and equitable method to choose the location. I propose we select the city with the most Space Needles, whichever that may be.

Mattie P
02-02-2002, 01:00 AM
Yeah. Come to Vancouver.

TjD
02-02-2002, 02:06 AM
i live up around albany, but id make a trip to the city if people were gonna get together for some good ol kung fu-ing :)

peace
trav

Sihing73
02-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Hello,

There seems to be some interest in having another gathering. There are several ways to do this and I think the amusment park idea :D is not one of the more popular.

Here is what I am thinking of right now and I would appreciate some feedback.

We could do this sometime around the end of July or beginning of August. The weather would be quite nice that time of year.

We could have it in one of the following places:

1) Philadelphia area-my first choice as I would not have far to travel :p

2) The Jersey Shore-easily accessible to most and a nice outdoor setting with swimming and otehr sports possible.

3) The Delaware Water Gap-very nice outdoor setting and also a possible camp site if any where interested.

However, there is one idea which I had recently, my head hurt for hours afterward, :D .................................................. ..

How many would be up to some sort of group outing, say like rafting or some such? We could bring our families and friends and all enjoy meeting and greeting. Afterwards, those interested in touching hands could do so with no pressure.

Just an idea, trying to keep this alive.

Peace,

Dave

mun hung
02-14-2002, 02:53 AM
I liked the suggestion from one of the guys from the WCML.

Central Park - New York City

How about sometime in May?

Sihing73
02-14-2002, 04:42 AM
Hello,

Just can't seem to get away from NYC can I :D

I don't have any problems with Central Park. We may even get to test out some theories on the locals, lol. I would prefer something a bit later than May though. I was suggesting later because it may still be a bit cold in May. Besides, remember this will be outside so the nicer the weather the more people will be likley to attend.

How about some of the others offering their opinions and input? This is a group effort so it would be nice to hear from as many as possible. How many would like Central Park? What time of the year is preferrable?

Peace,

Dave

TjD
02-14-2002, 12:00 PM
central park is good :)

and i dont mind as long as im not freezing :)

peace
trav