PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Sets

MarkS
12-20-2000, 05:41 PM
For anyone here that practises Loong/Lung Ying.
Do you practise (and please forgive the spelling because its probably hopeless)Ma Bu Chung Chui and Ma Bu Chung Chui Tek Teoi (basic step with three punches/blocks, then basic step and three punches/block, straight kick and punch) as sets before Sup Luk Dong?
Just curious.

Mark

meltdawn
12-20-2000, 06:06 PM
I practice "walking" before I work on my forms, both linear and triangular. It's not so much for practicing the actual strike, but to get my body working right. Like oiling a barrel. I'm not in a class setting, so I'm not sure if I'm answering you correctly.

The really cool thing about practicing my pure Secret Monkfish Style is the ability to mix it up. Can practice moves like a boxer: repetitive strikes, combinations, walking, standing, turning... it's all good!

"I was Ghengis Khan... no, not my screen name... I WAS Ghengis Khan."

whatever
12-20-2000, 06:41 PM
Hi Mark,

No,we dont.But dont see it doing any harm?
Where do you practise?And who is your Sifu?
If you dont mind...
To answer your question from the previous thread,
the Pak mei sifu i know of in london are Tang sifu
and Lo sifu...for Loong ying,Lee sifu.
Hope this helps.

Kevin Barkman
12-20-2000, 11:27 PM
Hi Mark - welcome to the board!

There is a set called "Bo Bo Toy" (Step Step Push) commonly taught before Sup Luk Dong. This is an exercise to teach the basic Mah Bo stepping - and yes, it has three punches (along with a few other basic movements). It is similiar in concept to Bak Mei's "Jek Bo",

Cheers - kevin

MarkS
12-21-2000, 01:03 PM
Hi Kevin, thanks, yes I think its the same set just different names. I just wondered. As some I've seen go straight into Sup Luk Dong and sam Tong.

Whatever, is the Sifu Tang, Chan Tak Tang (sp?)I have some old camcorder footage of one of his classes taken by an old instructor of mine.
I'll have to ask him before I post it one here, sorry, but you know how it is!(my teacher that is)
I have a feeling that my instructors sifu is one that you mentioned!!
Anyway

Mark

mantis108
12-21-2000, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

Welcome aboard Marks and Whatever. Welcome back Kevin. How's the trip?

Bo Bo Tyui, Lap Lap Kau, Goh Jeung, and Mor Kup Sarm Tung are some footwork drills and warm ups. Personally, I do Chat San Sau both in set and in Shadow Boxing type of drills. In Lung Ying, the hands can be "strung" together randomly.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

whatever
12-21-2000, 09:08 PM
Hi there mantis108 and kevin!

marks,yes the sifu i mentioned is the same.
What is your sifus name?If you dont mind me askin?

kevin,you know wai ken fu!Its a small world!!

Nice to meet you all! :)

MarkS
01-01-2001, 02:19 PM
Whatever, I haven't seen him since before Xmas, I'd better ask him first, but the guy who knew Tang Sifu was an instructor of some years ago of mine named Steve Lofthouse.
I'll let you know.

Mark