PDA

View Full Version : steel bar

yenhoi
01-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Anyone know anything about rolling a iron or steel bar up and down your arms?

I just got a 3ft steel bar and I plan to do some stuff with it, any suggestions?

Tks.

Golden Arms
01-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Make sure whatever you do, you use dit da jow on it afterwords.

-Golden Arms-

Buby
02-01-2002, 07:17 AM
Forearms - Try your three star on a baby tree, just be carefull not to go full on to quick
and use lots of jow. If nasty bruising starts then your going to hard to soon.

Roller bar work. In Yau Kung Mun we have more than one variation, each excercise targets a different goal. The one that would be most beneficial for you would be the one that you simply roll the bar up and down your forearms.

Equipment Needed
Bench/weight bar 10 - 15 lbs. to start but gets heavier as you go along. Or take a 3ft pipe(can be longer), cap one end, then fill pipe with weight (rocks, beebees,etc.) and cap the other end.

Now your ready to start training...
1) Stand straight or hold any stance you wish
2) arms are in a V, place bar were the arms bend
3) elbows kept pointing down and not to far from rib cage
4) then slowly start to lower your hands so that your arm is now in an 145 degree angle(give a take a few degrees) You will notice that the bar starts to slide down your forearm.
5) once it reachs by your wrist, raise your forearms/hands placing them back in the
starting position. The bar should then start to roll back to where the arm bends at theelbow.
6) you don't want to catch it where the arm bends. What you want is the bar to have a smooth transition or back and forth movement between where your arm bends and your wrist.

Roller bar work is great for the forearms, back and shoulders. After 5 mins you'll know what I mean.

I hope I've made some sense to you. It's a lot easier to demo than to explain.

Goodluck!

Buby