PDA

View Full Version : You are going to LOVE this, OLD AUDIO OF ME RAPPING

Sharky
01-31-2002, 06:49 PM
heh, this was aaaaaaaages ago, 2nd song ever made. and the only thing i had saved.

i sound about 12 or something. it's really bad quality. vocals too low. i didn't retake any of the tracks they are just the first takes. mic is mashed up etc. but i'm confident in my own ability now, i know i'm much better and i knew some of you would get a giggle out of this! hey one day i will be able to sell it for millions.

so here it is: http://www.geocities.com/theplo2002/lyricphysician.rm

ps - i'm honestly much better now!

pps - you'll find hte accent wierd, and it also was a long time ago i sound very young, jus' like a lil' b!tch.

Enjoy.

Let the dissing commence. I can take it. Harlets.

qeySuS
01-31-2002, 06:58 PM
doesnt work for me :/ (the link that is).

Stranger
01-31-2002, 06:59 PM
The link is not working. Copying and pasting the URL didn't help either.:confused:

Sharky
01-31-2002, 07:00 PM
http://www.hiphopmecca.net/members/plo/lyricphysician.rm

old jong
01-31-2002, 07:05 PM
Moderators!....BAN that guy!....;)

guohuen
01-31-2002, 07:07 PM
It doesn't work either.

qeySuS
01-31-2002, 07:08 PM
smashing, absoloutly marvelous.

Was that James Earl Jones quoting Edgar Allen Poe in the beginning (taken from Simpsons holloween special 'The Raven').

Sharky
01-31-2002, 07:33 PM
it does indeed work (the second link). copy and paste it into real player to get it to stream, or if you're on broadband just click it and it will dload quickly.

i can't remember where i got that sample from qeysus i think it is. the crow or the raven or something. some kind of bird of sorts :)

diego
01-31-2002, 07:43 PM
i luv the fuqin accent=mo puss then a gyno, sshhhiit....
fly girls hunt with a bugswat...

YOU KEEP SHOUTING PLO??/

THIER WAS THIS DOC ON HIPHOP, AT THE END IT DOES A SEGMENT ON THE UK, THIER WAS THESE TWO JAMIACAN DUDES, AT THE END HE ALL looknlookn like a chimp on cRACK, THEN IT FADES INTO A SHUTTLE LIFTING OFF AND THE FILM COMPLETE'S...
THEY TAGTEAMED ROKD WITH THAT FUQN ACCENT, AND I LOVE SLICK RICK WORDUSAGE""choice of/exentuating""

How old were you, ima get my boys to critique, drop a album and il burn it.....:D

NAH SEND ME A COPY, IGOT DOUGH

Xebsball
01-31-2002, 07:57 PM
The second link works

Did you say "masturbator"?

And "**** hunger"?

Or it could be just my misinterpretation due to language barriers.

Sharky
01-31-2002, 08:03 PM
sorry, yeah here there is a famous advert for Shreddies, a cereal, and the line they use is HUNGER STRRRRIKES!

and i did say masturbator. listen to it again and work out what i mean.

sorry if anyone is easily offended, but i didn't think there was anything really bad in there.

kungfuyou
01-31-2002, 08:23 PM
sharkyyyy

That was pretty sik!! Liked the beat, rymin was tight!!
hard to make out as there was lot of static.

Clean the static and I'd rip it and put it in my collection of MP3's!!

: )

Tight...I liked!

Xebsball
01-31-2002, 08:33 PM
I'm starting to understand the lyrics after listening 5 times in a row.
The classics say no raping without dissing, i like this stuff

"Ginecologists"

"My mission be dissing, im ****ing..."

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-31-2002, 09:01 PM
i expected it to suck at least a little bit.

that's pretty good man. i'm impressed.

sharkey's the sh!t.

RENEGADE_MONK
01-31-2002, 09:08 PM
Good stuff SharkBait (':)') The only thing, right about the verse about the gynecologist you started pushing or forcing the lyrics, or whoever was doing your tracks slowed down the BPM's.

I really like it, are you putting any demos out?

:cool:

Martial Joe
01-31-2002, 10:28 PM
oh man this is great...
I am jamming down to it right now.

I have never heard a rapper from over there...pretty neet...

Alright well everyone im me and I will send them a song of me singing...

Ryu
01-31-2002, 10:49 PM
I don't listen to rap much, but I have to admit that was pretty good! Sounds as professional as anything I've ever heard.
Good stuff. :)

The quote at the beginning was Brandon Lee talking. The movie was called The Crow.

Ryu

Martial Joe
01-31-2002, 10:57 PM
HIYA!

LAter...

Shin
02-01-2002, 12:35 AM
As may be clear, I'm pretty much half troll these days.

That being said, I think that this was great, and if this is your bad stuff, I'd like to be your manager.

Be interesting. Give a whole new meaning to the British invasion, no doubt.

Watch out P. Diddy, the brits are coming.

diego
02-01-2002, 12:38 AM
BAHLOONIE MINDSTATES, That one trac with the japanese dudes
dudes all ish nee sunshi ballyvoo, it's crazy and fat x-trah lahg

IronFist
02-01-2002, 12:50 AM
sounds good, dude!

Iron

Kristoffer
02-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Sharky that sounds good for someone that young.. 12?? d.amn.. you h a v e to put online your 'good' ones. I'm a be a fan ok? :D

take care

Sharky
02-01-2002, 09:50 AM
thanks for all the love =]

ok i'll come clean, i'm not 12 :rolleyes: everything i've ever done was stolen as they were on my pc. lifes a b!tch eh?

renegade, i wasn't pushing my lyrics mate, i just like flowing fast. i always have fast bits in my verses, usually. there's a lot of uk music called garage (u got that over there?) and they rap fast over here. not that that's rubbed off on me. lots of usa rappers do the same - big l did it, big pun did it, ditc and childeren of the corn do it all the time.

thanks for the comments! i guess i will have to wait to get a pc sometime. probably like 6 months time. then i gotta start again from scratch :(

Jaguar Wong
02-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Aww crap, so you don't have any new stuff?!? Man that was tight. I thought the accent was just plain weird, only because I've never heard rap with that accent before. That was just too cool. As for the style, yeah Biggie, and Big Pun did stuff a little like that, but with the music tracks and all, it sounds a lot more like Heiroglyphics, Souls of Mischief, and Blackalicious. I can't think of any rappers off the top of my head that used the faster lyrical chunks like you were doing right now, but when I do, I'll probably update this post or something. It's really familiar, and not many can do it very well, so I give props for using it.

*edit*
Goodie Mob, MC Eiht, and Busta Rhymes are a few examples of the "Sharky style" that he's using ;)
*added a few minutes after posting this*

At least you weren't another Big Tymers/Juvenille biter. Don't get me wrong, They kind of grew on me...along with Ludacris, but I really prefer a more "skilled" rap, like Tupac :(, BIG :(, Wu Tang, and the groups I mentioned above. I'm just sick of the lame stuff that's been coming out lately.

You mean you don't have any copies of your new stuff anywhere? You didn't burn any CDs, or post them up somewhere? That really sucks. What's gonna suck worse is when someone releases your tracks claiming to be you, and pulling a London Hip-Hop Milli Vanilli on you. :eek:

I would really like to hear more, though. I'm really curious as to what "I'm better now" sounds like ;)

Leonidas
02-01-2002, 01:45 PM
That was fu(kin' A+ Sharky. I thought it was gonna be crap too but its real good. I dont listen to rap much anymore but thats one of the best songs i've heard in a long time. Kudos on the choice of music. One of my all time favorite beats. The flow was good but alittle choppy, maybe it was the accent. Anyhow you say it was a long time ago and your better now. I wanna hear some new stuff too.

Justa Man
02-01-2002, 01:56 PM
i still haven't heard the track. my $hit is mad slow. but on another note, Jay-Z used to rhyme mad fast when he was first coming out ('94-'95)....and Big L did too around the same time.
regardless, i'm happy to see some hip hop fans on these boards. :)

Tigerstyle
02-01-2002, 02:05 PM
Really good stuff for being your "bad stuff" :) . I love the Brandon Lee sample. How long ago did you do this?

That craaazy Bri-ish accent. Now I'm gonna go home and watch "Snatch" again :) .

Sharky
02-01-2002, 02:05 PM
thanks guys, i DID burn copies, and put them in my sock draw. they took them all :eek: and all my zip disks. nice huh?

yeah big l and jay z 7mins freestyle (type stuff) has influenced me a lot. big puns flow is un matchable and lord finesses (and big l's) punchlines are dope! these are my influences.

didn't expect a responce like this, thanks guys! will give me some heart to wait until i can set up a little pc thing so i can start again. maybe i will try some open mics round here, i used to goto open mics in brixton and wherever i could in london, but round here, i don't know much of the hip hop scene.

cheers again :D :cool: :o ;) :p :eek:

Justa Man
02-01-2002, 02:15 PM
put together an open mic over the net sometime and i'll drop some freestyles. i've been meaning to put my stuff on the net as well. i hope i get as good a response as you. da.mn....i STILL can't hear thatpiece yet.
big l's punchlines were mad nice. you ever heard jay-z back in '95? he did a track with 2 other cats whose hook went, "I can't get with that / I gotta keep it think / never miss / so I hit 'em like this". All fast rhymers on that one.

Sharky
02-01-2002, 02:27 PM
i have heard quite a lot of old jay z man, he used to be sick, i still think he knows what he's doing, business mind, u get me... i can try to set some stuff up online when i get my pc going man... i am also trying to get a radio show which will will go out to wales from teh uni for 4 months a year, and within the Student uni at other times, but it's being a pain as the guy never gets back to me, even though he kisses my ass when we meet.

man u can dload it iit's only 1mb or copy n paste it into real player to stream? and yeah, my accent is stronger now man, i find being away from london makes it stronger! wierd but heh. a lot of us people fseem to find it stomach churning afaik :confused: :confused: :confused:

i ain't heard that track u mensioned... argh man they took my (audio) cd's too :(

writin a piece about it, i find storytelling quite hard, something i gotta work on. it will probably be one of the first pieces i make when i get my new place and computer in like september.

;)

premier
02-01-2002, 05:12 PM
Nice to see there's this many hiphop people writing here. Anyway.. Sharky. That was pretty good, if you were 12 when you did that =) I'd love to hear what you sound like nowadays.

premier

Sharky
02-01-2002, 05:26 PM
pffft i wasn't 12! i am not 12 now either!

i just said i *sounded* about 12!

diego
02-01-2002, 09:20 PM
is that the track where he like I WANT MONEY LIKE COSBY/ WHO WOULDNT... I know the track, cant remember the lyrics, if it means that much to you, i'l ask my boy i think he has it on vinyl.

He has this one recored from 92 jiggas first **** with the guy who put him on jaz, its jaz trac jay just plays the back spitts a few, he sounds like hes ****ing 12.
listening top that track, then reasonable doubt in 96, he tottaly bit the **** out of rza&gza ways of writing, with the topics of rae&ghost/cuban linx

dont believe me cop the cd

Yung Apprentice
02-02-2002, 06:48 AM
That was tight. I thought it was going to sound funny. With the accent it sounded weird because I'm not used to it. I don't like Jay Z, but Big L was off the chain!!! I liked his 98' freestyle. ( I think it was 98' ) " You runnin wit boys/ I'm nunnin wit men/ I'm a be doin this sh*t till I'm bout a hundred and ten/ had you ni**as like d*mnit this ni**a din done it again!"

He also spit: " Wit mad h*es/ ask Beavis/ I get nothin butt head"

He prolly would have been at the top right now, if he didn't pass away. But I'm more into Westcoast and Midwest. I also like the South. Only like a few from the east. Naz,Busta,Mobb Deep, Big L and Biggie ( when they were alive ), Terror Squad, Redman, LL is alright Cannibus was o.k. he just sounds the same every song. I just don't like Rockafeller, and Wu-Tang just dosen't appeal to me.

Except Killah Priest. Now that dude is tight. And Method Man when he's with Redman.

My favorite rapper is Twista. I think the way he spits is the total package. He can rap fast or slow. He has strong lyrics, delivery.

He just hasn't dropped his own album in years. It's supposedlt due this year, but who knows

Yung Apprentice
02-02-2002, 06:52 AM
Oh and Shyne's last album was he!la tight too.

Justa Man
02-02-2002, 07:48 PM
while i'm so fly girls are chasin me with bug swats
aaaight ! go head great britain ! i am finally able to hear the track. pretty tight sharkman. i can't decipher everything due to the d@mned accent. how come you guys created the language and none of you speak it right?! :D
nice similie skills man. what is your first line? is it 'it's the verb-disaster maker'?

diego - i think that's the song. i have to find it on this old tape of the new york live show with dj mayhem ('95). d@mn those were the days. pluck it though..THESE are the days.

no one feelin Cannibal Ox?!
"....in the coldest winters we though husky
they be like 'i don't know his name but he aims like wayne gretsky'
that's funny cuz i don't play hockey
i play 'hoarse' on the mic and watch 'em all copy"
the man is siiick.

mantis-1
02-02-2002, 09:07 PM
yo well done mate big it up for uk hip hop...hell i'd put you in my collection right next to blak twang, roots manuva and the infesticons...keep it up man and let us know next time you lay some lyrics down

peace
mantis-1