PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the Shaolin Do supporters gone?

BeiKongHui
02-01-2002, 06:50 AM
After the glorious encounter between TWS and Remuul the SD believers seems to have vanished. Radnohti and others, come back...I need entertainment on this long boring day at work.

xiong
02-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Ever since the resolution of the Reemul vs. TWS conflict there hasn't been as much interesting content.

However I personally would rather not see anymore challenge matches on here, rather lively and informative debate about Shaolin.

Kuen
02-01-2002, 09:06 AM
Challenges=Bad

Debate=Good

Radhnoti
02-01-2002, 03:34 PM
BeiKongHui, I'm still around...just been incredibly busy lately. Work, training, kids, health issues, vehicle problems...etc. Have to say that I agree with xiong and Kuen, I like it quiet but informative. ;)

Kristoffer
02-07-2002, 05:54 AM
maybe they can't afford the internet fee's.. after all those expensive training member ship cards :D

Radhnoti
02-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Kristoffer, want to compare fees? I'm willing to bet I pay less (certainly no more than the same) than you do for classes...
In fact, the only way you could be charged less (for instruction) than me would be if your teacher paid YOU. :D
My teacher doesn't charge, we just have to pay for weapons, uniforms and (optionally) testing fees. I know another instructor who teaches anyone that joins the "Family Health Center" that he manages. It's a pretty nice place with pools, spas, weight rooms, treadmills, etc. and a nice hardwood floored, mirrored wall training room in the back. I think it's about $20 a month to join...
Having said that, I know of instructors that charge...and charge big. I guess it all just depends on the individual instructor.
So far, over a year and a half I've paid $150 for testing fees, $30 for a uniform, and around $40 for a staff, short stick and wooden broadsword. $220 and gas money over a year and a half. My fellow students and I have been requesting that our instructor start charging for class lately, (the guy works too hard to not receive some monetary compensation) so I hope to be adding a small monthly fee to my total soon.