PDA

View Full Version : Nees kung fu?

eaglefist
02-01-2002, 04:27 PM
Any one know anything about nees kung fu in pembroke pines florida just curious , im interested in joining up it seems like they have alot to offer.. the school teaches the " Eagle" system thanks any comments would be appreciated..:)

NorthernMantis
02-01-2002, 05:28 PM
My friend's ex boyfriend went there.I see you're in the South Florida area if you want I can help you find another school if that's not your choice.The school is ok but the only thing I don't klike is the belt rankings since it's not traditional.

Oh I used to live down byt Davie.If you want any help just tell me.

eaglefist
02-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Any help finding a wothwhile school would be appreciated ...thanks alot where do you live now and is it better t han miami? thanks

NorthernMantis
02-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Well I live in Coral Springs now but I travel to Miami to train.I have a couple of ma friends that I can get info from.E-mail me at shaolin96@hotmail.com.I will be gone for most of tomorrow as I will be training but post in the mean time there are some otheres here from our region.

Where exactly do you live?It will help in looking for a school.

SifuAbel
02-01-2002, 09:27 PM
There is great kung fu in North Miami if you are willing to travel.

It's on 125th street. Email me for further info.

CrushingFist
02-02-2002, 12:22 AM
I'd check out Nee's place. I've met him. he's a nice guy, seen a little of his kung fu.
Anyways, belts are not a big deal...maybe you don't LIKe belts as someone else stated above, but that shouldn't really be a deciding factor in attending the school.

Anyways, yah whatsup with that shady fool leung fu? where the heck did he come from with some of these "claims"?

Tainan Mantis
02-02-2002, 05:20 AM
Watched his class and met the man.
He is honest well organized and focused on what he does.
The students appear dedicated and enjoy what they learn.

If after watching some classes you like what you see then join(but check out the other schools some have mentioned).

eaglefist
02-02-2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks to all for the great replys ...im checking out some schools this week.:D

NorthernMantis
02-03-2002, 06:55 AM
Sifu Able is correct there is some good kung fu schools in North Miami.

Hey Crushing Fist-

What's wrong with not liking belts?They were never part of Chinese kung fu to begin with.I never said that was the deciding factor.I just don't like them.I did mention the school was ok.

eaglefist-

If you can tell me what part of South Florida you live I will be able to get some info on the nearest schools.

CrushingFist
02-16-2002, 12:51 AM
I'm well aware belt ranking is not a very "traditional" aspect of martial arts.

nothing's wrong with not liking belts, i don't like them myself, i was just telling eaglefist not to worry too much if belts are used or not, becuase it's the instruction and class and substance that count, and not to automatically ignore the school if they use belts, incase he might think that would be some sort of indicator that the school was no good or something. just a little advice.

You sound awfully defensive...relax. i didn't mean to offend you or anything.

freezeme4
02-16-2002, 12:32 PM
try florida kung fu acadamy in plantation fl. univ, dr and 595. they teach choy lay fut. sparring, weapons, forms, lion dance.

eaglefist
02-16-2002, 07:25 PM
Freezeme4 I see you study with Sifu Jon Wai Ive heard alot about Lee Koon Hungs school in Ft Lauderdale I actually live 8 min from there is it the same system ? and if so how is the school
( if youve been there ) thanks

Sow Choy
02-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Eaglefist,

I am the head instructor at the Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu Association in both Ft Laud & Boynton. Not all, but most of the Choy Lay Fut in Florida is from Lee Koon Hung including John Wai.

I love our school, obviously. But Florida Kung Fu Academy is excellent also. Please come by and meet Master Li Siu Hung, he is incredible, and a great guy. We also train in Sparring, forms, weapons, Tai Chi and Lion Dancing.

I am just getting in from another LONG DAY of Lion/ kung fu demos. 13 hours today!!!

Peace,

Joe Keit
www.leekoonhungkungfu.com

Asia
02-17-2002, 12:10 AM
I highly recommend LKH CLF school in Tamarac.

I was a student when Sifu LKH was still alive.:( I wish I had taken the chance and learned more but I was in college so I was often away.

Hi Joe,

How is the school doing. Is the HK market still up and running. (I have a VHS taped I borrowed a LOOONG time ago and never returened:eek: ) I came by to meet Sifu LSH back in 98 I wish I could have visited on my last trip to the states. I hope all is well. I am a Baji man now but I hope none hold it against me. If so I will have crush them!:D

freezeme4
02-19-2002, 03:16 PM
eaglefist,

yes, as stated above our system is the same system. i haven't been to lkh school since just after sifu passed away. my advice would be to watch a few classes at each school and then choose. our school has excellent instructors. all of which were senior instructors at lkh and picked by him.

norther practitioner
02-19-2002, 04:34 PM
a good friend of mine is studying at one of the nee's schools, says he really likes it. The only detractor he says is the belts, which is good to see progresion, and who kinda knows what, not a big deal.

JasBourne
02-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Another good school in that area is South Florida Wing Chun Academy. If I remember right, they are on Sample off 95. Not Choy Lay Fut, but they turn out good fighters.

flyingeagle
02-22-2002, 12:33 PM
I am pretty familiar with Nee's Kung Fu. He now has a few schools. He is really not that traditional, but from what I understand he has a lot of students. Don't know much about the choy lay fut schools mentioned here. I think I just saw the Florida Kung Fu academy perform their lion dance for the chinese new year. It was actually a pretty impressive show.

Budokan
02-22-2002, 12:52 PM
I think he meant belt ranking isn't traditional for CMA. Even though it's becoming more so now, I guess.

Suntzu
02-22-2002, 01:12 PM
kids(and parents) like belts… go figure…

Sow Choy
02-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Flying Eagle,

I see your located in WPB, if you are in the Boynton area, please stop by our new location on Congress just north of the mall in Catalina Centre.

Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu Association
1723 North Congress Ave, Boynton Beach

Sifu Nee and his students were here for our Grand Opening, there students did a performance, not bad at all. He really takes care of his students and is a great guy, so if someone is thinking of joining his school, just go check it out.

flyingeagle
02-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Sow Choy

Maybe I will come check it out. I really don't know much about Choy Lay Fut though. How many students are in a class there? I don't like it when there are too many students. I find it harder to learn. Do you know of any eagle claw schools up this way? Just wondering.

Sow Choy
02-23-2002, 12:29 AM
Sorry,

The only Eagle I know of is Nee's Kung Fu. But, you might find our Northern influence similar. Choy Lay Fut is a strong style, low stances, short and long range, Alot of weapons, very graceful and powerfull in forms and extremely effective for fighting.

Just come and check it out, very small classes right now. If you like it, it would be a good time to join, more attention and the school there is very new, very exciting time. If you don't like it, don't worry, no pressure to join. At least you know where we are.

Take care, and good luck to you, I hope we can help you.

Joe Keit
Lee Koon Hung Kung Fu
(561) 752-9296

Starchaser107
12-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Wong Ying Home

Leung Lee Fu may be a shady character but he does not teach a "hybrid" eagle claw system, If by "hybrid" you mean illigitimate.
I understand that you are loyal to Lau family , but that does not give you the excuse to come here sprouting propoganda.

norther practitioner
12-16-2004, 07:59 AM
lol :rolleyes:

Better put on the Bowtie.. he's tryin' to be proppa....

Becca
12-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Wong Ying Home

... The whole point of the forum, is dialogue debate and discussion. I am entitled to my opinion and views as are you, neither of us have to agree to each others opinions... Northern practioner either add a comment of value or don't bother The irony! You put you foot in your mouth, get zinged, go back on yourself, get called on it then get nasty. Gotta love this great Politically Correct World of ours.:D

Hua Lin Laoshi
12-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Sow Choy

Congrats on the new school opening. I haven't been down that way in awhile. I might have something down in West Palm next week so I'll try to swing by and say hi and see the new school.

Sow Choy
12-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Hua Lin,

Please do drop by... You are welcome anytime... I am there at the Boynton school on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday...

The school opened in 2001, this thread is a bit old... But just was with Sifu Tu & Mimi and GM Chan Pui last weekend... They are like family to me... Can't believe how fast 10 years can go...

We should be visiting the temple and maybe Disney's Animal Kingdom 2nd or 3rd week of July... so ask Sifu Mimi when so maybe you can be there...

Take care,

Joe

Hua Lin Laoshi
12-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Sow Choy
I thought you guys just opened another school or was it an anniversary show last weekend?