PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pattersons Xingyi forum

CD Lee
02-01-2002, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know why Shifu Pattersons forum has been non-operational for like a month now??? Just curious.

boy_analog
02-02-2002, 11:14 PM
There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. In short, the discussion board was repeatedly trolled by someone claiming to represent James Randi.

I was visiting this board regularly until it went down. The person in question would say something like "Can you really take a sledgehammer to the stomach?"

Mike would say, "Sure, come on down and I'll let you do it to me yourself."

The first writer would then write back as if he had not heard Mike's invitation, saying in effect "Go on, I double-dare you."

Mike would then repeat his offer, which would again be ignored, and so on.

CD Lee
02-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Dude that sucks major!

I cannot believe that Mike cannot just IP ban the guy. I wonder if he just was so offended that he decided he did not need that bull****. I cannot believe we let one bad egg ruin an awesome forum for serious students. His was one of the few places to get quality advice from a nationally reconized Shifu.

Do you have any idead if Mike intends to re-set up the discussion board? Thanks.

Daniel Madar
02-05-2002, 09:41 AM
It wasn't Randi. Randi was the straw that broke the camel's back. Mr. Patterson feels he has better things to spend his time on, especially as MA forums spread across the universe.