PDA

View Full Version : John DuCane - is this guy legit?

IronFist
02-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Head over to www.dragondoor.com and look at this guys qigong stuff. Now, dragondoor is the company who publishes Pavel's stuff, whom I have the absolute highest respect for. He is totally legit and using his techniques I've set multiple PR's on Bench, Squat, and Deadlift.

So, they also push this guy's stuff a lot, but he seems kind of suspect (I admit, that's just from judging from pictures, and also the fact that when someone asks a question about qigong on dragondoor's message board he replies with "yes, mix this with my "bliss qigong" (or whatever) tape."). I think he said once his qigong keeps his bodyfat at 5%. I was like, eh?! It might have been someone else however who's messageboard name is similar to his.

So does anyone know? I'm not gonna buy any of his stuff either way, I'm just curious as he seems to be making a name for himself slowly in the qigong world.

Thanks,
Iron

IronFist
09-02-2003, 12:09 AM
Bump

Ford Prefect
09-02-2003, 09:36 AM
I always wondered the same thing. He's in a Pavel video I have. I swear I could pull off a Hulkamania back breaker on this guy. He's skinnier than my 15 year old sister.

Fred Sanford
09-02-2003, 12:02 PM
you guys just don't get it. In order to be good at things like qigong and kung fu you have to be skinny and weak. everyone knows that muscle will just hold you back. any potential advantages of strength and size are trumped by the increased tendon strength of a qigong/kung fu disciple.

sheesh when will you guys learn:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kumkuat
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
I would avoid him. I don't think Pavel knows a lot of CMA.

TonyM.
09-04-2003, 07:13 AM
Watched the trailer to his video. It was pretty much useless crap. Terrible form and posture. I kept expecting the teacher to come on screen and correct him like a beginner.

fa_jing
09-04-2003, 10:54 AM
JDC is the owner of the business, from what I can tell. I think he's largely responsible for honing Pavel and Dragondoor's commercial approach

IronFist
09-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I think he does own the company. I'm just wondering if he's any good since he has all these qigong videos.

IronFist