PDA

View Full Version : Religious fervor and invincibility.

Stacey
02-01-2002, 10:53 PM
First off, read, the Holographic universe. Thats your red pill Neo. Time to wake up. Secondly in France in 1750, a group of christians would get extatic and be impervious to any harm. One woman took blows from a hammer and the wall the was against shook. She was hit 100 times. When she moved the wall bucked at 25. Swords, knives, nothing hurt them.

Thats because our world, what we think it is, is a hologram, an illusion. Its the matrix.

Just trying to turn your heads around. Still, it makes all those crazy Chang San Feng stories seem tame.

respectmankind
02-02-2002, 01:09 AM
When are you gonna stop taking crack?

SifuAbel
02-02-2002, 01:33 AM
Stacey,

What does this have to do with you?
You whine like a stuck pig everytime your mama applys that enema you need twice a week to move your bloated bowels.

respectmankind
02-02-2002, 01:42 AM
lol. Sifu is right. So why isn't this 'Jesus' fellow helping you deal with your bowel cleanings?

Ryu
02-02-2002, 01:58 AM
oh man....

Quit bothering poor Jesus!

Ryu

respectmankind
02-02-2002, 02:17 AM
ryu, when are you gonna learn, people who act like they are on crack need to be shown the light by people such as I?

Galadriel
02-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Reality is a hallucination caused by lack of alcohol!!

Old Irish saying.

Galadriel

guohuen
02-02-2002, 08:57 AM
From experience I know that good old FEAR dissipates religious fervor like opening a window in a smokey room! It's amazing how LOSING can change a persons belief system in nanoseconds.

Ryu
02-02-2002, 09:24 AM
Respectmankind, I have no problem with that.

I was talking to Stacey :D

Ryu

DelicateSound
02-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
Time to wake up

Indeed.

If I hit you hard enough, will you stop thinking you're a woman?

SevenStar
02-02-2002, 01:22 PM
Stacey is now a princess, spouting about religion (nothing wrong with that)

but I remember when "she" was labelling herself as a cum dumpster. Talk about a complete 180!

Sharky
02-02-2002, 01:42 PM
"cum dumpster" was the only thing which brought light to my day.

jun_erh
02-03-2002, 07:52 AM
I still love her

Xebsball
02-03-2002, 08:17 AM
I still think she is so sexy.

But shes got a thing for Qeysus.

Stacey
02-03-2002, 08:29 PM
so you chose the blue pill. Your choice.

If the holographic model is correct, that explains Rich Mooney stuff. Although I still think he's full of spit.

We're all vibrations, giving off electrical energy, More is possible than the habbits of the universe.

Walk on water, "your faith has healed you" Religious fervor can cause superhuman ability.

Berzerkers....Shadrach Mishak and Abednego...Elijiah, Elisha, all remote viewing, calling bears out of the forest to kill a bunch of kids that called Elisha a "bald head".

WOW.

DelicateSound
02-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
Religious fervor can cause superhuman ability.

Ambiguous gender can cause incontenance.

wushu chik
02-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Stacey....

Do you hear a lot that you are stupid or is it just what I am interpretating from everyone else? You are a waste of good bandwidth, kinda like Ralek....only thing is...some of the stuff he says is more interesting, and a hell of a lot better bullsh!t!!

Go jump back into your dumpster "princess".

red_fists
02-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Red Pill, Blue Pill.

We need yellow ones, better known as Mother's little helper.

Yeah, baby that's the ticket.

jun_erh
02-05-2002, 09:01 PM
holy catfight batman

wushu chik
02-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Not a catfight....IT just annoys the sh!t out of me because it's stupid...that's all!!

respectmankind
02-05-2002, 11:17 PM
I totaly agree with Wushu.

Ryu
02-06-2002, 02:00 AM
"IT just annoys the sh!t out of me because it's stupid..."

Wushu Chik is definitely growing on me, but Jas is still ahead. ;)

Ryu

Taone
02-06-2002, 05:34 AM
I don't know what the deal is with stacey and past posts, but she (he? what exactly has been going on?) seems to me to have a valid topic. But everyone appears to be ignoring it...

Stacey: you are right about the vibrational beings comment. The only difference between everything, light, matter, sound, is an issue of frequency.

The religious fervor and invincibility thing is a very slippery subject, as much of the 'for' case is open to question of authenticity :) But look at the feats of Chi. I'm sure a lot of people on this board believe in that. Perhaps ecstasy can produce the same sort of effects, via a different means.

guohuen
02-06-2002, 07:49 AM
Yes, but there didn't seem to be any point to the topic. It seemed more like it was just thrown out as a general statement rather than as a point of discussion.

DelicateSound
02-06-2002, 12:26 PM
I love Stacey. In the same way I'd love a dumpster full of GDA's fetid genital puss to be emptied over my head.

No.....wait...... I'd prefer the genital puss.

jun_erh
02-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Stacey is not a man. I had an expert read her latest posts and they determined she is Mariah Carey. She's still my princess. Plus, Wushuchik has the Herps

Taone
02-06-2002, 04:48 PM
If it's just a statement then make it a discussion. Contradict it, agree with it, back it up, add something. Or leave it alone entirely.

It is completely relevant in terms of martial arts because most (ok, maybe *some*) are aiming for a higher level of perception and understanding. Her vibrational beings comment just touched the tip of that one. And the Norsemen and Celts were pretty fierce warriors. What relevance did their deities play in that?? How much was adrenaline, how much was other physiological and neural factors, how much was other subtle things at work??

The Shaolin monks that perform amazing feats of invincibilty via Chi - that could be considered part of their religion, their higher spiritual beliefs. Perhaps devotees of various religions have used a different model of the truth to obtain a source of greater power.

Try thinking about the subject, something constructive might come out of the discussion. Open another thread and have a go at Stacey there, leave this one as a discussion about how the mind and spirit might affect the physical body in a non-Qi model.

respectmankind
02-07-2002, 12:16 AM
She has a valid in the since that religious fevor can bring great passion into your deeds (although anyone who has studied any or the major religions know that if this is so, fighting would not apply in most cases) but saying religious passion can make one not subject to harm is moronic. The Christ felt no pain? I tell you, no matter how passionate of a Bahai I am, a shot to my throat will cause damage.

jon
02-07-2002, 12:38 AM
Ill have a go at kick starting a debate, these are just my opinions so i hope i dont offend anyone.

"First off, read, the Holographic universe. "
* Sorry i havent read it, nor have i read the bible or any other religous text. I do believe in Homer Simpson, thats where i get my wisdom.

"Thats your red pill Neo. Time to wake up. "
* ta

"Secondly in France in 1750, a group of christians would get extatic and be impervious to any harm."
* Any actual proof of this? Can anyone still do it? Where can i find a bunch of Christians who are impervious to harm, i would LOVE to test them.

"One woman took blows from a hammer and the wall the was against shook. She was hit 100 times. When she moved the wall bucked at 25. Swords, knives, nothing hurt them."
* If this had actualy happened the accounts would have been famous and we would have heard of this before.
My money says this was all a giant fake... The women proberly had a metal breast plate and the wall took the force.

"Thats because our world, what we think it is, is a hologram, an illusion. Its the matrix. "
* HAHAHAHAH just keep telling yourself that if it makes it easyer.
The world is just what it is, why stick any label on it? Call it the 'matrix' and try to understand its nature by calling it a hologram. Personaly i just live in it and do the best i can to further my understanding of myself, in the end its the only constant.

"Just trying to turn your heads around. Still, it makes all those crazy Chang San Feng stories seem tame."
* You are just trying to reasure yourself that things are not as bad as you think... THEY ARE!!!!
Get over it and start to work on how to make your life better dont simply imploy tricks to try and bend it to your will. You wont win that way!

Chang San Feng may not have even lived! Its not important becouse Tai Chi still lives on in the hands, hearts and minds of many. His method is what we have left. Dont compare his methods of practice which are well documented [Tai Chi not CSF] with a bunch of religous nutters, thats a pure insult to any of us who study Tai Chi.
Your only method you provide is that by somehow believing in god we can all become invicible.
I would beg to differ! As im sure would the many religous people who have been killed, if they could!

Shaolin Temple - Burnt
Dali Lama - Forced from Tibet
Pope - Look at his car for crying out loud!

None of these religous icons have had any sort of divine intervention to cease there suffering. They all simply make do with exactly what the rest of us do, they learnt to deal with there issues by FACING THEM.

SifuAbel
02-07-2002, 01:12 AM
And question still remains for stcey to answer.....

So what?

I can hear yo mama callin' it's time for that enema, suiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii suiiiiiiiiiiii

guohuen
02-07-2002, 07:59 AM
My opinion about losing shattering religious fervor at the moment still stands. I quess I didn't groove on having samkhya explained like we were six year olds.