PDA

View Full Version : Shoalin Monks(disturbing)

CanadianBadAss
02-02-2002, 11:57 PM
Does this guy have a rock tied to his *****?http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1705/shaolin.html

anton
02-03-2002, 01:36 AM
He sure does! we had bigger versions of these photos up on the wall at our gwoon.

Turiyan
02-03-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Stumblefist
I think this method was developed before plastic surgery for those whom fate left rather unendowed.
For modern methods you can see Jan Wong's book "Red China Blues", reference the chapter on Doctor Long. ("Long" here is pinyin for dragon, but not so inappropriate in the english translation).

"Dragon master" means "pimp".... Draw your own conclusions here....

redfist
02-03-2002, 08:55 AM
for a clearer idea of this type of training,
i will refer you to mantak chia`s "iron shirt chi kung 1" book.
i do not recommend you do this with out a qualified sifu
over seeing this training,it is very dangerious,
your micro and macrocosmic orbital channels must actually be
unobstructed,i`m not just writing about learning the meditation from a book or a seminar,
this can take anywhere from 9 months to 3 years,with no sex and
a meticulious diet,mixed with daily meditation sessions,
if you can not eat the bitter don`t even start the process,
there is a tremendous amount of energy generated in the body
that must be channeled at the conclusion of every training session.if not,
it can lead to stagnation,the primary cause of disease in chinese
medicine.
as you continue your research you will find other"softer" methods that achieve the same results,they just take longer and require more faith.
the above method is quicker,but like a car going 200 miles per hour around a race track,you better know how to drive.

Repulsive Monkey
02-03-2002, 03:53 PM
I have to say those Shaolin monks aren't terribly clever folk. I don't mean that obviously about all of them, but that practice being shown in the photo obviously goes against Taoist and Buddhist beleifs for several reasons. And there was me thinking those monks were Budhhists?? What have they possibly got to gain from such unnatural, unBuddhist and unTaoist practices as these?

Kristoffer
02-04-2002, 03:24 AM
its not work

Crimson Phoenix
02-04-2002, 06:49 AM
Well...I have read about similar practices in Xi Sui Jing (bone/marrow washing), in which you massage the scrotum with the ridges of the hand and pull on it harder and harder, even tying weights on it. It is supposed to facilitate the convertion of jing (essence) into qi, to lead it up to the third eye and be able to reach enlightenment...I think Yang Jwing Ming's book about qigong and longevity describes the training...

GeneChing
02-04-2002, 12:16 PM
You ought to check out the article I did on Iron crotch training in our Sep/Oct 2001 issue - http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kunmag20sepi.html

It wasn't a monk thing (although I loved Stumblefist's story!) it was baout master Tu Jin Sheng - very famous in Taiwan. He's got quite a following. That article received the most response of any article ever. I'm working on a follow-up article. Stay tuned...

Fu-Pow
02-04-2002, 12:31 PM
I think Mantak Chia is a crock. I've tried to do some of his excercises as described in his book and they seem very unhealthy.

I study a type of soft Chi Gung and I feel great and relaxed after doing it. It's the opposite effect with Mantak Chia. That guy is a freak.

Nexus
03-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Fu-Pow, I also noticed your distastefulness towards Mantak Chia's works in another thread. Which exercises were you practicing that caused discomfort and the feeling of unhealthiness? For what I have seen in his writings, his descriptions of performing the microcosmic orbit seem very similar if not identical to several other sources I have seen. I'd be interested to hear your personal experiences and which exercises caused your feelings?

- Nexus

Silumkid
03-19-2002, 06:02 PM
What I find most disturbing in this thread...

#1) After more than 1,500 years, people still spell it "Shoalin".

#2) That there is a kwoon somewhere with enlarged pictures of this on their walls.

#3) That people always dismiss others' work so easily. So much for kungfu being a brotherhood I guess.

anton
03-19-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Silumkid
What I find most disturbing in this thread...
#2) That there is a kwoon somewhere with enlarged pictures of this on their walls.

Just to clarify: Someone - possibly one of the sihings found an article in some chinese magazine about shaolin monks. It had many photos of monks doing fujows into trees and getting their fingers in upto the second knuckle, monks doing finger handstands etc... so someone stuck the pages on a wall in the corridor, one of the photos was the image being discussed.

IronFist
03-19-2002, 10:42 PM
I can do that I just don't wanna :D

IronFist

kungfu cowboy
03-19-2002, 10:49 PM
It had many photos of monks doing fujows into trees and getting their fingers in up to the second knuckle

Eeeeewwww!!:(

Silumkid
03-20-2002, 12:14 PM
anton,

No worries, mate. Wasn't trying to say anything about the kwoon, just took my shot when I saw it. I must admit I've been a little bored with this forum lately and need to find cheap ways to entertain myself. Cheers!

ewallace
03-20-2002, 12:21 PM
I already have a problem sitting on my boys at the office and while driving. That behavior is definitely out of the question.

GeneChing
03-21-2002, 10:24 AM
It all depends on his availablity, but if he can make it, he pormised us that he'll pull a truck across the parking lot with his manhood. Keep your finger (and you legs crossed.)
And I should mention, Master Tu is no crock. I've seen his taolu and he's very powerful and fast. If we confirm him, it'll be announced on our special 10 Year Anniversary pop up screen at KungfuMagazine.com. Check it out.

And as for those trees, they are ancient gingko trees just inside the temple doors. I've stuck my finger in those myself, although only after someone already made the hole (but don't look at the finger, or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.) They're pretty intense, especially considering that you need to know the legend to understand them.