PDA

View Full Version : Dragon stylers ?

Chinwoo-er
02-03-2002, 09:32 AM
Anyone here practices Dongjiang Lungxingquan ?

peace

Chinwoo-er

Ao Qin
02-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Maybe - but what is "dongjiang"?

Cheers - kevin

Chinwoo-er
02-03-2002, 10:50 AM
dongjiang. the name of a region of china

Just in case you misunderstands, this a completely different style in itself. So it is not a subset inside another style like Hung Gar.

Chinwoo-er

Shaolin Master
02-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Dong Jiang is the East River Region.

There is a style known as Dong Jiang Quan (East River Fist) which is a hakka style combining the essence of the hakka style inclusive of Lum Ga (Dragon), Bak Mei and Chu Ga (as well as 2 other hakka family styles).

NARVAL
02-04-2002, 06:00 AM
Hi
Has anyone attempted to translate into english all or part of Chow Fook's book "lung ying mor kiu"?
Thank you.
Regards

Ao Qin
02-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Hi all,

Chin-Wooer - yes! I practice this amazing style! Always happy to make a new aquantice - please email me if you have questions, or just to chat!

Narval - I have had some of this wonderful book translated - anything I can help with?

Shaolin Master, does this "East River Fist" style, have a name (aside of course, from East River Fist)? Have you yourself been East?

I don't think "Lum Ga" - had anything at all to do with "LY", prior to LYK. Of course, I could be very wrong - just does not seem to add up that way. Seems to be the earlier stuff I myself used to spout publically before I did a little looking. A lot of confusing and contradictory information out there. Can anyone help me to better understand the history of this magnificent style?

"In Stength",

Kevin (hkbark@mts.net)

Shaolin Master
02-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Q : Shaolin Master, does this "East River Fist" style, have a name (aside of course, from East River Fist)? Have you yourself been East?

The style didn't have a name rather it was known as the fist from East River.

I have not been to DongJiang specifically, though I shall be visiting ShanTou late this year (family purposes) and may (time permitting) pass by.

Lum Ga is the family style which it's basis lied in the Hakka teachings of the nicknamed Hoi Fong Chan Si. Lum Yu Guai' family gwoon taught this prior to the development/Founding/appropriation of Long Ying.

Hoi Fong Chan Si had many students in the area.

Ao Qin
02-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Hey -we are on line at the same moment! Thank you for such a speedy reply!!!

Thank you for sharing even this information - it is not easy to come by! Every small bit to a westener such as myself helps. It is a big puzzle, but I love puzzles, and I am patient (and have nothing better to do until I die then put the pieces together for "my people").

Is this the root of Mang Foo Ha Saan? The Lam Family Style (or "East River" Fist") of Kung Fu - devoid of LY influences?

Cheers! Kevin

NARVAL
02-05-2002, 02:43 AM
Shaolin Master and Ao Qin: very interesting, guys - carry on !!

Ao Quin: Thank you for your kind offer. Is any of the translation in written form? At this stage, I am more specifically interested in power generation and (to a lesser extent) combat strategy.
By the way, have you checked the web site of the chinese martial arts club of the university of Hong Kong recently (http://www.hku.hk/cmaclub/english/club-background/main-background.htm). Under "Ressources" there is a section on LY : history, main caracteristics of the style, names of forms (info provided by Cheung Kwok Tai association!!!) and in another section of the site two downloadable videos of forms. You will note that the style is described as "East River" Dragon.

Shaolin Master: could you give us a general idea of wich feature of LY comes from each of the sources you mention. Thank you in advance.

Regards