PDA

View Full Version : MA and their Invincibility claim!

red_fists
02-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Hi All.

I did some checking into this, as a lot of people and Groups/Cults claim that MA can make them invincible.

One of the biggest and earliest verifiable claims came from the "boxers" who said that no knife nor sword can penetrate their skin as well as western Guns.
Hmm, I guess we know how the Boxer uprising ended.

Anything before than I take with a truckload of Salt as often myths and fairytales were combined in telling exploits of skills.

Since than there have been many Groups that have done the same claim, some were freedom fighters(Burma), others terrorists and still other religious cults(India, south Asian, African).

Said that, we know that we MA are the toughest and meanest Guys on the Block. :rolleyes:

I also know that certain Ma exercises can toughen the Body, but AFAIK they are not 100% surefire method.
So here is my question, are those MA Guys any different from the religious Groups that claim that their faith makes them invincible??

Personally, I think that those Guys need to get out more and meet the opposite sex a bit.
And no the "C++" was not mentioned and is neither implied here. As some of those MA are of non-Chinese lineages or influences.

Budokan
02-04-2002, 07:40 AM
Tae bo is the only thing that can really make you invincible. All the rest is a bunch of hooraw.

DelicateSound
02-05-2002, 04:25 PM
A skilled Oom Yung Do practitioner can wipe his ass with his lips.

At least, the sh!t must come from somewhere?.........

MonkeySlap Too
02-05-2002, 04:28 PM
I said this earlier in another thread...

We train so that we can heal faster!