PDA

View Full Version : This one for Black Jack!

red_fists
02-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi.

Here is a Thread on another Board you might find interesting:

E-Budo (http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10004)

I haven't checked the link to the Video, so I am not sure who the Guy is talking about, but an interesting read nevertheless.

Seeya.

Sam Wiley
02-03-2002, 10:56 PM
It's a video of one of Dillman's "no-touch" KO seminars. The instructor (not Dillman, though he's present) demonstrates pressure point defenses against a "mass attack" and then on the last defense uses a "no touch" KO. Even if it were real, I don't see what good it would be because he stands there for about 20 seconds waving his hands in front of the guy's forehead before the guy falls.

Braden
02-03-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm glad someone else is talking about this.

It's worth noting that these exact feats, both those shown here and those of the the individual discussed recently on these boards, resemble EXACTLY feats that have been standards of stage magic and hypnosis in the western tradition for well over a century; feats which, presuming you had some amount of perception and charisma, you could be taught to do over a weekend seminar.

I really don't know how they became associated with qigong or other eastern or martial traditions.

red_fists
02-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi Sam.

I never watched the Video as I found the Post more interesting, and there is only a handful of people that do that type of stuff at seminars.

But still a good read and how to identify
Flakes and frauds at Seminars.

Seeya.

Sam Wiley
02-03-2002, 11:48 PM
I went back and viewed the vid again after reading the full article, and I think he might be right. While I didn't see the second guy reach out as he fell, the first and third guys definitely did. The no touch guy it looked to me was pushed over backward because his hands were on the guy's chest and the guy moved forward a bunch.

The only people I've ever heard of doing "no touch" KO's are from Dillman's camp. It looks like bullsh!t to me, not to mention the fact that the point striking shows their blatant and chronic disregard for the health and possibly even the lives of their students.

My main question, though, is why bother with the no touch KO at all? He waves his hands over GB14 on the forehead, and all he had to do was slam his hands downward onto the guy's arms and then upwards onto the forehead points for a REAL KO. (Actually, it would kill the guy, so don't go out trying it, people.) One of my favorite defenses against that kind of attack (the one he uses the no touch thing on) is to slam down onto the elbows and rebound into the throat with my fingertips. Slamming the arms opens up the neck beautifully for a strike. He could have used any number of other techniques, like a twist head spiral throw, Double P'eng to strike the forehead (nasty one, there), or simply popped the eardrums with percussive palms, or whatever.

red_fists
02-03-2002, 11:53 PM
The only time got close to a no-touch win over an Opponent was after a hearty Meal of:

Grilled Meat with Korean Kimchi
2 Bowls of Natto (fermented Soy-Beans)
2 Bottles of Nihon-Shu (Jap. Rice Wine)
Sushi with Wasabi (Jap, Horse Raddish)

Guy admitted my Breath was worth than his Dogs in the morning slightly peperming flavored. :D

Perfect Ki-Ai.

IronFist
02-04-2002, 01:01 AM
I think his mullet gave him the magic KO powers.

Iron

Kristoffer
02-04-2002, 02:39 AM
it looked kinda phony... what was that he did on the second guy?

guohuen
02-04-2002, 07:47 AM
I don't mind the hoodoo but I found the unnessesary roughness disturbing.

Sam Wiley
02-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Dillman's books and seminars are found all over the place. But here you see the guy's methods. How can actually striking the points be good for the attendees? We are talking about striking vital points on the body, and that is never healthy for the recipient of the strike. I've been telling people for several years now that Dillman's methods were unsafe and that he's playing with fire.

Black Jack
02-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the link,

I have never believed in Dillman nor his wifes nonsense either, but it was a good read.

Sharky
02-04-2002, 11:36 AM
"we need to refrain from using terms like "fruitcake" please"

JWTAYLOR
02-04-2002, 05:07 PM
I would like to, once agian, post that I am a willing target for anyone who possesses such "no touch" or even just "pressure point knock out" techniques.

If you are an instructor, or an advanced student with any of these meathods and are near the Austin, TX area I am offering up my body for a test.

In my experience, I have found such things to be false. So, I would like someone to prove me wrong. Really. I'm not saying it's impossible to knock me out by applying a small amount of force to points on my body, I'm just saying that, in my experience, I have found that no one can actually perform this feat on me. Even when I'm just standing there, cooperating.

So here's the deal, I'll just stand there and you can slap me silly. Now, a full force blow to my temple doesn't count. But I'll even give you a few chances. It can be any time of the day, I'll work out or not work out beforehand, whicever you like.

Open invitation to help another martial artist see the light. And I'm really not trying to be a jerk here. If this stuff is real, I want proof, and then I want to learn it.

JWT

Black Jack
02-04-2002, 05:11 PM
JWT,

Does it count if you let me do a running soccer kick into the back of your head????????

Its one touch right???:D

"Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it! No sensei!"

JWTAYLOR
02-05-2002, 09:27 AM
Black Jack, it makes me very nervous when you keep asking me for just one touch.

JWT