PDA

View Full Version : Grappling drills for the basics

Brad Souders
02-04-2002, 09:13 AM
Let me have them. I'll start with one of my favorites. In crossbody keep tight. First apply a paintbrush(Keylock), as they straighten the arm apply a straight figure four armbar, as they bend it in step the leg closest to their head over their head trapping them there and force them on to their side, now apply a kimura(chicken wing) as they turn in shift your hips the rest of the way over the body and finish with a straight armbar.

Tigerstyle
02-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Wow, that's a cool sounding drill! I gotta hear more!

One drill I thought was pretty cool to help transitions was to have a partner "turtle" on elbows and knees while you put your chest on their back and circle around them using your legs only, while keeping your body in constant contact and not using your arms.

Brad Souders
02-04-2002, 09:44 AM
That drill is good for keeping close. What the heck here is one for leglocks. Sit back for a straigh anklelock (tap the person to make sure the hold would work), then release and have the person turn from the hold now go into a heelhook( once again apply til tap but be careful), now the foot slips out and he moves it across to escape, switch leg position and apply an inside heelhook (tap then release) now the guy straights his leg to block shift hips out and catch a kneebar(once again tap) and finally for fun apply a figure four toe hold for another weapon.

My favorite leg positions for leglocks: straight anklelock= inside knee bent and tigh to groin area(no space) and the outside leg is wrapped tight and placed on the stomach ( now you can push back if the guy is reaching up to grab your head)

heelhook = outside leg comes over top and bends the leg to pop the heel to you for better leverage and is placed under the knee of the inside leg( keeps from getting pulled apart) and the inside leg gets placed under the oppenents leg right at the knee ( the reason for this is it helps stop them from rolling away from the pressure) Tip: after the legs are in position try to swing your body up towards their head this applies more pressure and cause more damage. If you lay flat with them you'll break the ankle. You sit as close as you can to there head you break the hip,knee,shin,and ankle. Just food for thought.

inside heelhook= same as straight anklelock

kneebar = legs pinched together and knees tight trying to touch each other and for grabbing the ankle i used a grip close to a rear naked choke (Reason is if they kick off one arm the other finishes the job)

Figure Four Toe Hold = same as kneebar except the grip

Sorry if this is boring cause i am bored :D