PDA

View Full Version : mayflower mantis ?

argentino
02-04-2002, 12:09 PM
I have seen an advertisment of a tape "Master Bob Kleinch" demonstrating "northern mayflower mantis form".

1) Does any of you know this person or his lineage ?
2) I guess this is mei hua tang lang quan, isn't it ?

Any information would be helpful. I am curious about this master.

Best regards

Fenando

Skarbromantis
02-04-2002, 01:24 PM
I have also seen many of his videos on the market and would also like to know??

He looks a little more than strange.

Skard1

Tainan Mantis
02-04-2002, 06:02 PM
I got the tape.
Not only did he rob me of my money, but I feel he should give me a cash refund for my lost time.

He does the Wang Song Ting form called Tang Lang Sho. The form isn't bad. It is a little like Lan Jie in the beginning. It has a real PM look when done right(which it isn't).

It is also a 2 man set which it is painfully obvoius he doesn't know.
Something strange about this form is that it has a lot of strange moves that can't be understood by looking and thinking.

One move in the beginning is a chin to the clavicle, and that is in the 2 man set too(this move is from lan jie).

Later the form goes in 4 directions change-change-change and it really looks like fighting 4 people at once.
Actually it is two people attempting throws and escaping them for counter throws.

I think it must be very hard to understand applications and drills when you rely on too much imagination as the techniques where you hit with your body look a little strange.

argentino
02-05-2002, 08:33 AM
HaHa.... Thank you Tainan for saving me 20 bucks ;-)

Fernando

seung ga faat
02-08-2002, 08:46 AM
If Im not mistaken this B.Klein is also a Tai Chi Teacher who frequents the taste of China Tai chi Event. He also use to teach a class on weekends in New York during the 80's call Non- Contact Kung Fu. One of my ex-roomates for college used to take the class and he learned Gung Lik while training there.
________
rc71 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC71)
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)