PDA

View Full Version : Anerlich

diego
02-04-2002, 07:54 PM
On william cheung's webpage, thier is 6 orso dummy clips, How much of these drills is his actual dummy set, Also what you learnt from your sifu, Is thier variations within your guy's lineage.
I would like to compare with the yip man wd book by his son, would have asked on pm but you dont got that capability.
I would prefer if you would answer on pm, as this isnt a general wing chun question, just my curiousity.:)

anerlich
02-05-2002, 12:59 PM
These are dummy sequences 5,2,3,6,9 and 10 of the set my school practices.

the third sequence has a different finish to that used when the sets are done in sequence, and the last has a slight difference, but each set has had a couple of minor variations over the years.

Other than that, it's standard TWC.

If anyone is really interested in a detailed view of TWC dummy sets, Rick Spain has a detailed video available from

www.combatcentres.com

with the sets normal and slow motion, from two angles, with applications.

I'll add my email to my profile if it's not there already (my profile changed in an earlier set of KFO "improvements") but I don't see why discussions like this shouldn't be public and I'd encourage you to use the board for the possible benefit of third parties.

I don't do instant/private messaging.

diego
02-11-2002, 12:50 AM
I have viewed your sifus site for awhile now. I'm on a selfimmpossed vacation, so i don't really have the funds to order those tapes," besides chuengs dummy set i have not seen his knives form!."
How many sections is in your school's Dummy set.
I have the old yip man book buy his son, and A augustine fong wd video from panther productions.
I have william cheungs, jkd/wc book with bruce lees student" cant remember name?" His advanced wing chun book with chumkiu and tons of chisao, his chipower book with the sillumtao, His biljee book" I read somewhere they stated he taught differant routines of bil jee, and some moces/sections were not in the book?, Could you tell me about this."
I have his dragon pole book, Cant find the sword one tho.
So, not to get ahead of myself, I havent really had the time to break down Cheung sifu's clips, But i will, And i'm hoping We can have a open discussion.
Gotta go
PEACE

anerlich
02-11-2002, 09:39 PM
I prefer Andrew to Andy, but don't overly care. Call me anything you like, if I don't like it I'll hunt you down and kill you ;)

The 108 dummy movements are broken down into 11 sets in TWC for easier teaching. That said, there is a twelfth set, and it and the 11th seem to swap in the 108 over time and depending on the Sifu, though everyone seems to know them all. There are a couple of others as well which are just hashes of movements sequences from those sets. We have some extra sets not taught until after instructor level.

The JKD/WC book was done with Ted Wong. Interesting as a curiosity, but hardly a must-have.

The Bil Jee book has a couple of sections different from what is taught in schools, and one section missing. It varies between schools also. Some internet warriors have tried to make this into a huge conspiracy with William Cheung "deliberately hiding information", but anyone who thinks along these lines is in IMO a moron, as is anyone who thinks they can learn Bil Jee from a book in any case.

The pole book is a bit of a mess, the pics are out of sequence in the form section in a few places.

The sword book is OK, I'm surprised you can't find it.

I'm on a selfimmpossed vacation,

And you're spending it on this forum? Christ, get out there and have some fun!