PDA

View Full Version : Ha Say Fu

PlasticSquirrel
01-01-2001, 01:24 AM
Can you guys tell me anything you can about Ha Say Fu Hung Gar (i.e. who developed it, where, when, etc.)? It would really help me out. Thanks. :)

01-01-2001, 03:39 AM
Duh.....dumb idiots don't know themselves, Wing Lam used the gangster don't no much about background story!!!!!!!

My Invincible Style Shall educate you

Whinnyth
01-01-2001, 06:06 PM
.. because I don't trust my knowledge anout it enough to tell you when perhaps it is very inportant to you.

But if you visit <A HREF="http://www.fuhok.com" TARGET="_blank">www.fuhok.com</A>, I am sure you will find a "contact me" to get you in touch with Sifu Curtis Kautzman, who knows Ha Say Fu.

Hope it helps you.
Good luck!

Leung Wah
01-01-2001, 09:27 PM
Thanks for link, but are some mistakes at site.
The site says Kwong Wing Lam is student of Chiu Kao. This is not true. Lam Kwong Wing was and is a student of Chiu Wai. Also Lam Kwong Wing trained a short while under Lam Jo, but htis was only a one or two weeks. So Hung Gar of Lam Kwong Wing is what he learned of Chiu Wai.

Also Curtis Kautzman says he student of Lam Kwong Wing. So he learned HA Say Fu from him?
When he learn and where?

Biejo
01-02-2001, 01:26 AM
<A HREF="http://www.wle.com/federation/lineage.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.wle.com/federation/lineage.htm</A>

According to Wing Lam, Lam Jo was one of his teachers.
Is he mis-representing himself?

01-02-2001, 01:35 AM
See.....no one knows Hay Say fu's complete origin it is BS useless!!!!!!!

hasayfu
01-02-2001, 01:56 AM
I'm a student of Wing Lam and you go to the archives for more info.

Sifu's first Hung Gar teacher was Chiu Wai. During his time with Chiu Wai, he also trained at Chiu Kao's school. (a different location) Wing Lam has never hidden this and if you go to our kwoon, we have a picture of Chiu Wai on the wall.

Sifu spent more then two weeks at Lum Jo's school. I don't know the exact time but I've been to Lum Jo Si-gung's school and have seen Sifu's picture in the records. It's several years. His Hung Gar is a mix of Chiu and Lum. Having trained with both Si-Gung's, I can see the mix and some of his own flavor.

As for Curtis Kautzman, I don't know what his affiliation with Sifu is since I've never asked. His site doesn't really say much.

As for Ha Say Fu, it was taught to Sifu by Leung Wah Chew in Hong Kong. There is a person in the east coast,USA who also learned from Leung Si-gung and I know Sifu has met him at lesat once to go over material. In Hong Kong, I have met one sifu who does what he calls Hung Gar Kuen and it looks closer to Ha Say Fu then what comes from Wong Fei Hong lineage. There is also a book in Chinese called Hung Gar Kuen which looks like a combination of the panther and tiger sets of Ha Say Fu. These styles list Hung Hei Gwun as the founder (same story as Wong Fei Hong line) then deviate to various rebels and names.

It is true we do not know who taught Leung Wah Chew. We do know he was a fighter and he trained fighters. We have found the knowledge he passed on to Sifu to be very deep and insightful. If that doesn't please some folks, then they don't need to know it. Sifu has many well publicized and verified lineages that he doesn't need to make up one.

01-02-2001, 02:13 AM
See **** still no answer......(no one cares about common hung gar lineage that is easy) ......but Hay say fu same dumb story at least he should find appropriate masters to complete village hung gar rather than teaching only the 5 animals.
But of course as it gangster associated oooh no one knows and no one tries to know

MoQ
01-02-2001, 04:38 AM
another 18yr old Kungfu legend, cripes are we lucky or what?

01-02-2001, 06:04 AM
another wet white tiger ...if u were nice female i would wacket the hatchet good....scrumpcious
unfortunately u r not so keep walking