PDA

View Full Version : Wong Yun Lum

Beeners
02-05-2002, 12:49 PM
I'm new to this, so bare with me if anything gets messed up.

I was just wondering if anyone has any sites where I can find information on Wong Yun Lum or his style Hop Gar/Lama Pai.

Or if anyone has any information about him, that would be great.

Your help is very much appreciated, even minor things, like if he had any cavities or whatever.

Thanks

HopGar
02-05-2002, 02:07 PM
I'm a Hop Gar guy so I'll seize this. www.hopgar.com , my school's page has some info on the history. if it works, www.atlchai.org/yastudents/02karz/webdesignpage2.html has some, this is my personal page. Anything esle you want to know, just ask.

HopGar
02-05-2002, 02:08 PM
You can email me also, its in my profile.

Peace

Beeners
02-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Great! Thanks a lot.

Do you know any history about Wong Yun Lum? Like anything really detailed instead of a summary page about him?

Any documented history about him?

HopGar
02-05-2002, 04:41 PM
I really don't know much about him, other than like the history says, he was the number one cantonese tiger. I also don't knwo if there is any documented history on him. If you seach on geocities, I think there is a site which gives more information about him, I can't think of the site at the moment (try using c4.com's sports section and looking under the crane section of kung fu under martial arts.) Remind me next week on this board and I'll ask about him.

Peace

HopGar
02-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Are you lookin to join Hop Gar or Lama Pai? If so, nice to see another Tibetan Martial Artist around here (there are something like 6 or 7 of us). Oh yeah, one more thing - I believe its spelled Wong Yin Lam, but thats besides the point.

Peace.

Beeners
02-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Actually, spelling it in English, there really ain't a right way. but in cantonese, if you were to say his name, it would be sound like Wong Yun Lum, but people have different ways of interpretting the english. People with the last name Lam, there chinese pronunciation for his name would actually sound like Lum.

But if you could find some information about him from anyone, maybe your sifu, that would be great and would be appreciated.

HopGar
02-06-2002, 07:00 PM
Thats true. Whatever. I'll ask.