PDA

View Full Version : A weapon question for those who can figure out what the hell I'm talking about

xingyiman
02-05-2002, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to think of a weapon I think I've seen somewhere before. It's kind of like a cross between an Emei piercer and a kubotan concealable self defence like weapon. Are there any other "toned down" versions of the Emei piercer weapons that are sold as concealable self defence weapons? Ones that are'nt sharp. The weapon is on a ring that goes on your finger and is carried in the inside of the hand like the Emei piercers(with the ring being in the middle of the weapon) but they are blunt at the ends instead of sharp. Anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about? :confused: :confused:

red_fists
02-05-2002, 04:40 PM
I think I know what you are talking about.

Looks like a double tapered stick with a Ring attached to the middle.
Ends stick out when have it in your fist.

Nice for hidden pressure point strikes.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: Will check wher they are available.

red_fists
02-05-2002, 04:54 PM
Forgot to mention, there is also another nice Weapon that is similar.

A thick wooden Grip that fits in your Hand, but the ends have steel Balls imbedded.

Again it sticks out a bit from your Hand and is used to give extra power to fist strikes as well.

I think both are more used by JMA.

JasBourne
02-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Aren't those Pek Kwar 'pens'? Looks like a chopstick with a ring in the middle?

Ray Pina
02-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Pen knives?

There is also a key chain that has a metal point at one end and two metal sticks that come out on both sides of your middle finger when held in a fist. Pretty dangerous. Check out BLT's web site.

HopGar
02-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Yeah that does sound like Pek Kwar pens - aka Judge's pen. I dunno what that other weapon is.

Ray Pina
02-05-2002, 04:58 PM
bltsupplies.com

Mr. Nemo
02-05-2002, 05:00 PM
Somewhere on the blacktaoist's site (www.blacktaoist.com), there's an explanation of the difference between emei piercers and judges' pens.

OK, fine, HTML tag, don't work. The site is www.blacktaoist.com. Ignore the above link.

Budokan
02-05-2002, 05:06 PM
I think I know exactly what you're talking about. They're called shobos or shinobi-shobos. They're fistloaded weapons that can spin on that ring and be used inside or outside the hand. It's more of a ninja weapon than anything else, if I'm not mistaken. You might can find more info about them at martialartssupermarket.com which has a ninja link. Or did last time I was there.

These weapons also go by another name, of which I am not familiar.

xingyiman
02-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Those shobos look exactly the same as the Emei piercer weapons I was talking about. I am looking for ones that are blunt instead of sharp at both ends

red_fists
02-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Xingyiman.

I agree with Budokan, the Weapon you described look like a Shinobi shobo

The only other close would be a Hestitan with the ring moved.

I have attached an Image of the traditional Shinobi Shobo (wood & String), but there are full metal (chromed) ones available.
If used wrong I hear you can break your middle finger easily.

There is a wepaon smilar to a hestitan that was created from a religious item. That one is similar to the Shobo but lacks the loop, and has slightly nastier ends.

I think the Loop was simply there too keep the Weapon in place.

I know where I can get a Metal Shobo in Japan, but have failed to find one online as yet.
Best look for a Bujinkan or similar Dojo and ask there.