PDA

View Full Version : ATTN Chris McKinley

SevenStar
02-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Do you know of any good sites on the net concerning pressure points and meridians?

Chris McKinley
02-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Yeah, one of the better ones is www.acupuncture.com. Erle Montaigue's site www.taijiworld.com has some drawings of the meridians/points too. I think you may also be able to find some drawings, charts, etc. at some of the links to be found at Evan Pantazi's website www.kyusho.com, which is also a great place to read moderated discussion of the issue from a Karate perspective.

SevenStar
02-05-2002, 10:59 PM
cool. Thanks

Nexus
02-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Seven, a great way to learn them is to get a chart or diagram of the meridians and points and then on a blank piece of paper copy it down completely to as much detail as you want. Then, try and remember all the major well known points, and try and replicate on another blank piece of paper as many points as you can remember. Continue that process until your heart is content, and also in the process it is cool to point to the points on your body as well, press them, get a feel for them, and if you have a volunteer OOOoooOO :-)

Now the future awaits another chi master.

Chris McKinley
02-06-2002, 12:36 AM
SevenStar,

Are you interested in learning about the points for healing, martial use, or both? If you are interested in using them for martial purposes, I would suggest you check your phone book to see if there are any instructors nearby who are affiliated with Dillman Karate International, Dragon Society International, or the World Taiji Boxing Association. Where do you live? Perhaps I might already know of someone in your area to recommend.

FYI, I also highly recommend the book Essential Anatomy for Healing & Martial Arts by Marc Tedeschi. It's just about the most concise, well-organized book on the subject I've seen in English. It doesn't teach techniques, per se, but has bootyloads of pictures, diagrams, drawings, charts, etc. It even includes the strange flow meridians, which is almost unheard of in an English text.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance on the subject. At least on KFO, you might also chat with Sam Wiley. He's a WTBA instructor and quite knowledgeable on the use of pressure points for fighting in the Chinese internal arts.

SevenStar
02-06-2002, 01:40 AM
Just knowledge mostly. I'll definitely check out the resources y ou listed. Thanks man.