PDA

View Full Version : sports in the morning

shaolinsheep
02-06-2002, 10:04 AM
My sihing adviced me to run my Kuen after getting up every morning.A kuen is a great physical encumbrance.
My question:Is that healthy?

greetings

fa_jing
02-06-2002, 03:14 PM
I like to work out in the morning, if I can get myself up. It's great!! Earlier the better. Look at the bio's of any famous china-trained martial artist, they all have a workout session before breakfast.
-FJ

Ray Pina
02-06-2002, 03:22 PM
I love to surf as the sun rises. I need to start waking up with that same commitment to do chi gong. Now I do it before showering at night.

qeySuS
02-06-2002, 03:39 PM
I like diong stuff in the evening, simply because that's when i think "wow what a great idea to go out and jog" or do some forms or WHATEVER! And i always say "i'm gonna do it in the morning before i go to school", and i set the timer and i wake up, and i go back to sleep.

It is NOT POSSIBLE for me to wake up earlier then i have to, so i HAVE to go to school, what i usually do (since i get a ride to school) i wake up and put my clothes on when i need to go to wake up, and go back into bed and stay there until dad is wearing his coat and it's the last minute call.

red_fists
02-06-2002, 04:35 PM
I like to train in the mornings.

Can only swing it though on Weekends.

At our annual Tai Ji Seminar we wake up at 5:30am hit the outside training area around 6:00am and do a workout till 07:30am than head to breakfast.

Great to se the sun rise over the Trees as you workout. :)

redfist
02-06-2002, 05:01 PM
morning training is the secret,
a half hour before the sun rises is a good time to start,
when day and night are equally balanced it`s easier to absorb the atmospheric energy,
start with some soft chi kung to warm the body and raise the metabolism,then maybe some yang family tai chi as a good intrermediary to harder forms,
after your hard style training do some light stretchs to cool down,
end with some meditation,
from 45 to 60 minutes should do it,
don`t worry about perfection in the short term,just do it every day and stay focused on the bigger picture and it will all be there for you.

rubthebuddha
02-06-2002, 05:19 PM
i prefer to do my workouts in the morning, because that helps balance my day better as far as hunger and exercise. however, i just made the switch a few weeks ago, and i'm running into one hurdle: i get really tired around 10 every morning (i get up and work out at 6, then to work at 8).