PDA

View Full Version : I am about to go get my a$$ kicked

Johnny Hot Shot
02-06-2002, 03:05 PM
I am going to spar with a guy who was a US Savate champ. He also says he has sparred with some really big names from UFC and boxing. He looks a little chubby but that means squat.

Got to go... Wish me luck.

Water Dragon
02-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Have Fun!!!!

logic
02-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Just think clearly

do the best you can.
Remember your training,deep breath.

16 years of training should come in handy.

Ray Pina
02-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Awesome. I jelous. I'm working late again.

Keep your hands and spirit up. You can get him! You're a Kung Fu Online member ....

KungFuGuy!
02-06-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm sure he's super tough, but I just can't take savate seriously. I always picture a couple of frenchmen in striped shirts, funny mustaches, and cigars in their mouth having girly kick fights.

Godzilla
02-06-2002, 04:02 PM
You've got 16 years Kenpo/Karate/BJJ/KickBoxing experience.

Enjoy!

Godzilla

Budokan
02-06-2002, 04:47 PM
Savate is not a toy style. If the guy's any good you'll have a fine time and something to remember.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-06-2002, 04:57 PM
if you are worried about it just spit in his face.

Sharky
02-06-2002, 07:37 PM
jizz in his hair

friday
02-06-2002, 07:53 PM
u gotta tell us what happened!!!!

:)

CanadianBadAss
02-06-2002, 08:37 PM
hes not responding... that can't be a good sign...

Felipe Bido
02-06-2002, 09:21 PM
Uh...oh....:(

Johnny?.....Johnny?....

Johnny Hot Shot
02-07-2002, 12:00 AM
He's definately not a girly kick fighter that's for sure.

His power is definately an advantage he's 240 and I'm 185. My endurance seem'd to be better. But that's easy when you only go 40%.

Full power he would have killed me.

Mabey

We are sparring again in the Morning.

Time for my Jow Massage, Muscle relaxant and sleep.

Oh and some Jizz for sharkys hair
;)

rubthebuddha
02-07-2002, 12:54 AM
just tell him you're in the german army, and he'll surrender in no time. ;)

sorry. any french reference to me just screams such jokes. :cool:

Kristoffer
02-07-2002, 12:55 AM
KungFuGuy! - Savate is actually pretty scary.. Did ya know that in the old days they used to wear steel tipped shoes? These fights ended with blood.

Kristoffer
02-07-2002, 01:00 AM
"any french reference to me just screams such jokes"

Don't worry about it :D French spit on the diluted and stupid, fat-azzed americans like yourself. So I don't think they bother.. really. That post made u look like a complete moron.

And no Im not french (good lord) I just don't like that kind of degrading comment from idiots who knows **** about martial arts.

KungFuGuy!
02-07-2002, 01:02 AM
They do the same thing in c0ckfighting, and that bloodsport makes me laugh too :D

Johnny, it sounds like you beat yourself before you even entered the ring. Next time go in with some confidence! From what I hear you're a tough guy yourself, and you've got stamina over him which is an extremely important aspect to ring fighting.

respectmankind
02-07-2002, 01:05 AM
In and out, quick strikes. Just because he appears to have higher status than you does not mean he is better.

Kristoffer
02-07-2002, 01:16 AM
"They do the same thing in c0ckfighting, and that bloodsport makes me laugh too"

LoL :D man! Your impossible..

Crimson Phoenix
02-07-2002, 10:36 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o :o :o

DelicateSound
02-07-2002, 11:44 AM
I still don't know why the French hate us Brits so much.

Do you feel ashamed that you got your arses kicked in 2 World Wars, while we stood tall like the Gods we are?

P.S: Crimson, Thanks for the savate research BTW. A big "Merci" is in order.

rubthebuddha
02-07-2002, 12:06 PM
kristoffer: dunno why, but that comment seems to have jabbed a stick up your pooper. i AM about ¼ french, and i was getting my tkd-stylin' butt kicked by savate students in tourneys long before i hit puberty. besides, i have nothing against the french. it's those lousy québecers that get me all riled up. ;)

honestly, it was all in good jest. i'm mostly greek, and you wouldn't believe the backdoor bandit comments i catch for that.

and fat azzed? hm. my bum may be a little soft, but 16 percent body fat can't be all that bad.

African Tiger
02-07-2002, 12:44 PM
to Kung Fu guy for the girly kick fight comment. I laughed for a half hour on that one.

Isn't your friend's size insignificant in Savate? From what I've been told, Savate is about pin point strikes. Goodness knows, you don't need a ton of power for that. It would seem like all that weight would slow him down.

My friend who used to spar with them said that Savate fighters are totally susceptible (sp) to Thai kicks to the thigh. He dropped one of them with one shot. I guess he didn't expect a kick down there. ;)

And yes, the French are wussies. Tough sh!t. They needed to be bailed out of THREE wars - WWI, WWII, Vietnam (read your history. Didn't know that, did you?) And when they finally showed some balls, they sent commandos to blow up the Rainbow Warrior, which is owned (er, WAS) by friggin Greenpeace? Nice - protect the French population from a bunch of dangerous tree huggers...

Sharky
02-07-2002, 12:47 PM
tree huggers ARE pretty f*ckin annoyin tho innit

African Tiger
02-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Don't get me wrong, tree huggers suck. But they don't need to be blown out of the water.

JasBourne
02-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Less trees! More fences!

How do you say that in French?

;)

Ray Pina
02-07-2002, 01:31 PM
France was just bit(hing about our "war on terrorism". Looks like we might have to start flying the long way over to the middle east again.

No comments either way ... just wanted to share.

apoweyn
02-07-2002, 01:32 PM
african tiger,

i think savate actually features the low leg kick, very similar to muay thai. so i doubt they're particularly susceptible to it. but hell, muay thai guys still fall for it.

i think it's... fouette bas. crimson phoenix. a little help?

delicate sound,

i didn't know you were a brit. for some reason, i thought you were australian.

i've learned my new thing for the day. now i'm done.

stuart b.

rubthebuddha
02-07-2002, 02:48 PM
ap - learn two new things in the same day, and you can retire. ;)

apoweyn
02-07-2002, 02:52 PM
either that or my head would collapse in on itself.

:)

Crimson Phoenix
02-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Well, indeed Apoweyn, it's fouetté bas!!! Actually it's not the only kick to the thigh you can do (the thigh is the target to any kick in savate)...I didn't know we were particularly susceptible to it...the thai boxer I have fought indeed gave me more problems with their low kicks than their middle or high ones, but still it wasn't the terrific stuff that passed everytime...if you really do it savate's way, then by raising the leg to evade the kick you chamber the counter kick...it's quite efficient even if it's not that easy to pull out...

Delicate, no prob mate, dun hesitate to ask if you think I can help (although Apo served a lot of links too)

As for the comments on France...hmmmm...say whatever you want, but just the cathedral in Paris is 4 times older than the US...if you measure a country's greatness by how they perform during war, fine, I have other standards...and if you're all sooooooo keen on history, then it's convenient because yours barely reaches back 300 years old...thank Lafayette guys...
:D :D :D

rubthebuddha
02-07-2002, 04:25 PM
our history dates back thousands of years (native americans, etc.). we've only been imperalistic and set on world domination for the last few hundred.

Crimson Phoenix
02-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Yah...native americans...uuhhhh...ask them if they are part of the history of the US, I guess they'll share a whole different POV...you just can't say that, their culture was lost and their wisdom raped and slain when european immigrants robbed and killed them an imposed theirs...we always hear about the yellow peril, but no one else than the white man killed so many people...

On a lighter note, since I do not want to enter a heated debate where I'd say "how did you thank them for thanksgiving", and since I want to keep it MA related, I'd say that indeed savate is lighter and tends to rely more on pin-pointing, but do not think that it has no power...savate is as powerful as kick boxing, no less...it's just that the mechanics are different...

And yeah, I agree, the traditionnal savat uniform is just plain gay and you can taunt me endlessly about it I'll just have to agree ;)

rubthebuddha
02-07-2002, 04:46 PM
crimson:

actually, all i hear about is how evil the white man is. i graduated from and now work at one of the most tree-huggingly retarded universities on the western united states.

***NOTE: berkeley is tree-huggingly good and proper. eugene? it gets by. my school? the typical protesters here are just plain morons who go from protest to protest -- akin to barhopping on a saturday night.***

this all reminds me of my favorite joke:

why'd the white man cross the road?

to exploit the land and its people.

anyhoo, i don't think anyone who's fought a decent savate player can argue that the bastages are quick and dangerous. like i said earlier, my butt's met mat several times during tourney matches with savate players.