PDA

View Full Version : Clearing the air: speaking my mind

Ray Pina
02-06-2002, 06:27 PM
Good evening everyone, still stuck at work and fighting a cold, so bear with me.

Yesterday afternoon and earlier today I found myself defending my respect and admiration for my sifu, Master Chan Bong. I do not want to waste time or space, so I'll put it simply.

I never mentioned my master’s name to boast or self promote, because I am not him, and thought I don’t think my boxing is bad, it’s certainly terrible compared to his. What I was trying to transmit, one martial artist to another, is the joy this martial artist has obtained having finally paired up with someone who has revealed the truth of the thing I have been pursuing for quite some time.

This has nothing to do with your or my past teachers – I for one have been blessed with three good ones with good lineages, and there are some fine martial artist here, or at least the best I could judge from keyboard boxing. Take of this what you will (and if you’re in the NYC area you should stop by and see it for yourself at the new Ba Gua and Hsing-I courses being offered on Sat. evenings), just know I am here humbly, trying to reach a certain goal. I couldn’t imagine putting so much faith in someone (for we are learning martial arts) without a comparable amount of respect.

Saluting my martial brothers,
Ray Pina