PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/Combat Missons

Black Jack
02-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Did you see tonights episode?

Charlie Team got ripped up on that hostage rescue, Ben had 7 kills to his credit while the rest of his team under his command go wasted, they also threw the Navy Seal John Potter out and replaced him with a younger/in-shape Navy Seal.

****, I love that show.

Next week is where they have a urban assault mission to accomplish, sweeeet!

rogue
02-06-2002, 09:56 PM
My wife also loves the show.

The Bravo with mostly SWAT personel did the best, kept their cool, let the bogus truck pass and took down #13. Alpha did pretty good saving a bad situation. Charlie bit it, but those two guys completed the mission and did a helluva job. Next weeks episode looks real cool, urban op. The SWAT boys should clean up on that one.

Outside of that show, 24 (hours?) is excellent too.

Braden
02-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Whoa... what are you guys talking about?

rogue
02-07-2002, 10:55 AM
USA is running a show called Combat Missions at 10 PM EST on Wednesday and Sunday. Here's the web site www.combatmissions.com

norther practitioner
02-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Wow, looks cool. I am going to have to check it out. oh, and 24 is a super dope show as well.

ShaolinTiger00
02-07-2002, 11:07 AM
they let the wrong guy go last night......

tsunami surfer
02-07-2002, 01:54 PM
I notice Ed likes to lead from the rear. Accomplishes the mission but his team gets wiped out. Doesnt get you any marks in the win column. But BRAVO team is kickin butt!!!!!! GO SWAT

rogue
02-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Ed also had 7 kills last night, and if you notice Bravo did about the same thing. Most of the guys who go down are the hotshots.

tsunami surfer
02-08-2002, 06:47 AM
So Ed got 7 kills thats not the point. They jumped the wrong truck and all except 2 were wiped out. Bravo was the only team that didnt blow it and hit the right truck. Bravo only lost one or two members of the team and they work together as a team. You are right rogue, hotshots get wiped out but poor leadership will get you waxed quicker.

rogue
02-08-2002, 07:01 AM
Watch Cooper during the planning phase, he's doing a passive/aggressive routine. He wanted to be leader and if I remember correctly he led the op.

tsunami surfer
02-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Sorry rogue i'm not really keeping track of their names. Just the teams and watching their tactical work. Kind of armchair quarterbacking. Where i work we have worked the truck takedown scenario before.
Not the same exact thing but close. We waited for the target truck to show up, not the first one that
came down the road. But we love the show!!

rogue
02-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Surfer,
Cooper was the SEAL with the pony tail that was voted out. There's really two parts of the show that interest me, one of course is the tactical, the other is group dynamic and the egos. On paper Delta should be ruling the roost but they're horrible. The SWAT guys should be dragging in last but they're doing very well on the actual takedowns.

I did find it interesting that one of SEALS in Bravo was firm in not letting they're one SWAT guy go.

I think why the head of Charlie was "leading" from behind was that he was on overwatch, while Cooper lead the assault. I'll have to watch it again.

BTW are you a LEO?

red5angel
02-08-2002, 10:34 AM
militants........;)

DragonzRage
02-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Geez, in a pool of Army SF, Force Recon and Navy Seals its the POLICE SWAT TEAM that is doing best in actual missions. Kinda makes you wonder if the military is getting too caught up with all the gung ho "Hoo-ah!/Semper fi!" mentality while real operational competence may be faltering.

But then its also a question of how well the unit works together. You can have a team of individually excellent operators but if they don't have good leadership and communication they can be clusterfukk as a team.

rogue
02-08-2002, 08:52 PM
I think the SWAT guys have several things going for them, they're used to being careful, their egos are probably smaller than the others, and maybe due to similarities in training they just jell better. If you listen to the SWAT guys when they were taking out the tank they did a lot of communicating, the spec ops guys were usually saying things like "what does he think he's doing?".

I think what the spec ops guys have working against them is that they're in competition with the other teams but also with each other, and with SEAL vs SF vs CIA vs Recon. It's a pride thing. They'd all be doing better if they were working exclusivly with people or their own.

Militant and proud.

Red, where are you stationed?

Tien Long
02-09-2002, 05:59 AM
Just as a question, how do most armed forces servicemen feel about the series? Do they see it as a realistic portrayl of their branch of special services or just some hokey "Survivors gone Army?"

tsunami surfer
02-11-2002, 07:05 AM
Just as a game with the most narssistic individuals picked to play.

Ford Prefect
02-11-2002, 09:38 AM
There's only been 2 missions so far, and that SWAT team performed well in one of them. Delta was pretty strong in the first mission. I remember the one Swat guy on Delta or their opposition in the first mission who held his team back because he wasn't in good enough condition to carry 50 lbs sack up a hill...