PDA

View Full Version : One punch kill- sobering thought

sticky fingers
02-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Man dies after cinema attack

From AAP
07feb02

A 22-year-old man was attacked as he walked away from a cinema on Tuesday has died in hospital.

Police said the man had left a cinema complex at Bunbury, 175km south of Perth, after watching a movie.

He was making his way to the beach with friends about 9pm (WST) when he was allegedly punched by a man who pulled up nearby in a car.

The victim fell to the ground and struck his head. He died yesterday at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth.

A man had been charged with grievous bodily harm over the incident but the charge could be upgraded pending the results of a post mortem examination, police said.

KungFuGuy!
02-07-2002, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it happens. I know a guy (through a degree or two of seperation) who had someone break into his house at like 2 AM and was heading towards his mom's room. He ran at the guy and punched him in the throat, the guy died right away. This guy was 15 with no training (he broke 2 knuckles), yet one punch did it.

respectmankind
02-07-2002, 01:11 AM
Many ways to kill with one punch, but it doesn't sound like the poor man died from a punch, the impact of his head against the ground. It is a shame such things happen.

Akuma
02-07-2002, 01:33 AM
I hate it when I hear that **** like that happens :mad:

The person who committed the assult was not provoked...at least that's the way I understood it..and look what happens to the victim :(

Why do people do these things ffs?:mad:

jon
02-07-2002, 01:40 AM
Could be a case for manslaughter but under the circumstances i wouldnt expect much of a sentence, if any at all.

This is just another reason why not to run around looking for fights. Even if he doesnt go to jail is he going to have to live with that death on his concience untill the day he dies.

Reminds me of an old friend who was a himophilac [bad spelling, you know a 'bleeder'].
We tried EVERYTHING for this guy, we even took him to accupunture... Only seemed to make him worse:(

Im sorry:rolleyes: That was pointless:p

Stacey
02-07-2002, 06:24 AM
Looks like ole glass jaw just got removed from the gene pool.

:rolleyes:

Yeah I know...bad karma on me.

shaolinboxer
02-07-2002, 07:47 AM
This is how most traumatic injuries occur in fighting sports. When one person becomes unconcious and there is a late hit or a second impact on the flooring.

That's very sad.

Ray Pina
02-07-2002, 08:20 AM
I remember reading years ago how some kid threw one of those foam glider planes, it looped around, hit him in the throat and killed him.

That really woke me up. The body is resilient against illness and cuts, ect., but the throat and other spots could be lethal (just flick your throat with your finger -- not too comfy.)

jesper
02-07-2002, 08:43 AM
There was a boy who died here a couple of years ago.
He was doing some light sparring with his karate instructor, and according to eyewitnesses got lightly kicked in the chest.
He dropped dead on the spot.

According to the police, he was unfortunate enough to get hit between two heartbeats, which was the reason for his heart failure.

Oh and saw on 60 min that many american children dies when they play baseball for the same reason, because the ball hits them right between two heartbeats.

Crimson Phoenix
02-07-2002, 10:25 AM
Yes, that's the old cricoïd break...I knew a guy, small skinny guy, that went to prison after killing on of his two attackers like this (the other fled).
The cricoïd breaks easily when you strike it properly, and it when it does break only a tracheotomy on the spot will save you from choking to death...

Crimson Phoenix
02-07-2002, 10:27 AM
Maybe that's why WC's chain punches work...hehehhe you just hit until you fall in between two beats :D

norther practitioner
02-07-2002, 10:54 AM
I am a skier, many people never realized how many people die skiing. It has only recently become public b/c of the death of some celebrity and political figures, but it happens all the time, to very talented and accomplished skiers. It just takes falling the right way errr wrong way. All you have to do is tweak out your neck the wrong way, catch an edge and tumble over an edge...etc. It is kinda scarey to think of how easy it could be, but, I guess thats why I do this stuff.