PDA

View Full Version : Does a genine separate Leopard style exist?

Erasmus Lightstone
01-05-2001, 10:31 AM
I really like the Leopard moves from what little I remember from when I studied many years ago. I know like for instance there is the Tiger style as a subdivision of Shaolin 5 animal--but there is also Tiger Claw,Black Tiger etc. Same for Dragon of the 5 animal Shaolin vs. separate Dragon style(ie. Yip Wing Hong in NYC). Does the same apply for Leopard? I read on <A HREF="http://www.shaolin.com" TARGET="_blank">www.shaolin.com</A> that Leopard is part of the Tibetan Snow Leopard system which is an offshoot of Tiger style. Anything else as far as info would be appreciated.

Shaolin Master
01-05-2001, 11:02 AM
That site is very inaccurate. I personally do not recommend it is as a legitimate source of information.

Leopard exists,
There are Northern Systems
1. Shantung apparently has one.
2. Songshan Shaolin BaoChui/Ling Bao Quan
And Southern
3. Fujian Shaolin Bao Quan.
4. Leopard as in Wuxing Quan (5 animals System)
And Mixed
5. Hu Bao (Ermei)

Though they do not all use the leopard fist made popular in movies etc... if you like that feature choy li fut makes more use of that.

Regards

Shi Chan Long.

[This message was edited by ShaolinMaster on 01-06-01 at 03:13 AM.]

MoQ
01-05-2001, 08:00 PM
the general inaccuracy of that site is comprised of myriad specific inaccuracies. If there's anyone with more than a superficial knowledge of a single style, look it up there and make sure you haven't eaten too recently. Drop them an email and they'll tell you they have their own Shaolin Monks as info sources and require no outside assistance! After thawing, they must've died quickly, because that misinfo hasn't been updated in years... More derelict cyberjunk... a casualty of superior conglomeration nodoubt...

UberShaman
01-05-2001, 08:20 PM
I think they have a Shaolin-do monk!

meltdawn
01-10-2001, 08:31 PM
Erasmus, what Yip teaches - lung ying - is not Shaolin 5 Animals Dragon.

Lung ying is a beast unto it's own.

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi