PDA

View Full Version : flue/cold

Sevan
02-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Hey all,

Well, I just caught the cold/flue thats been goin around this mornin, started with sore throat and now just aching all over...

Any ideas, suggestions, whatnot to help me get over this quicker?

Thanks,
Shane

prana
02-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Rest, sleep, dont exercise

Kungfugurl
02-09-2002, 12:00 PM
u might try drinking very strong tea, and try and stay away from cold water with ice... hope u get better soon!:)

Sam Wiley
02-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Whenever I have a cold, I walk the circle. I don't know what style you study, but if you practice Baguazhang, you might want to try about an hour of circle walking. It always seems to knock the cold right out of me. After about an hour you will probably have sweated and otherwise ridded your body of the stuff. You'll probably have to stop every few minutes to blow your nose and go to the bathroom, but it will all come out quickly one way or another.

If you're feeling too badly to get up and move much, then bed rest and plenty of fluids might be what you need. But I always try to get up and move, as that seems to rocket the illness through my system. It's a bit extreme, so you might not want to try it. I would recommend acidic juices like grape or orange juice, as they always help get rid of toxins and illnesses, if you're going to stay in bed.

Stacey
02-10-2002, 09:40 PM
eat a lb of shrimp. the zink kills it

Ford Prefect
02-11-2002, 12:26 PM
Garlic: A natural antibiotic and it raises your T-cell count.

I've been using it for the past 5 days to hold my flue at bay. I've been able to go to work/class without any problems, but I can tell it's still trying to get a foot hold.