PDA

View Full Version : "KungFu Style"

yenhoi
02-07-2002, 05:14 PM
From MSNBC.com story on the dude who tried to get into a UA ****pit, midflight:

Another passenger on United Airlines Flight 855, Jan Boyer, told CNN that the man had managed to break down part of the lower half of the door by “kicking in a Kung Fu style.”

Everybody loves kung fu fighting.

red_fists
02-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Q: How can they differentiate between "kicking in a Karate style" & "kicking in a Kung Fu style"??

Methinks the author of that article tries to get his ratings up.

yenhoi
02-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Well its in quotes so the lady probably really said that.

Same thing as when someone says "So you know some karate stuff?" She just said kung fu for some reason. :confused:

yenhoi
02-07-2002, 05:36 PM
I read the rest of the article, sounds like the way he was kicking is how you would usually imagine a drunk guy kicking a door.

wushu chik
02-07-2002, 05:37 PM
gotta love those people that don't know what the h3ll they are talking about, huh?? Oh well, better for the kung fu world.....in a way....oh, don't ask, i am haveing a GREAT day, so DON'T RUIN IT FOR ME!! LOL!

red_fists
02-07-2002, 05:53 PM
Another passenger on United Airlines Flight 855, Jan Boyer, told CNN that the man had managed to break down part of the lower half of the door by “kicking in a Kung Fu style.”

Hmm, kicking down the lower half of a door in a narrow passage, usually just as wide as the door.

NomortaL
02-07-2002, 09:28 PM
Talking about Kung Fu styles, I would really like to know what all Martial art styles there are and descriptions of each. I keep seeing knew styles mentioned all the time but i don't know anything about them.

Yes there are TONS of styles, but i would love to get to know more of them and what they're all about.

red_fists
02-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Nomortal.

I think you better start a new thread on that one.

Seeya.

red_fists
02-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Been reading the Press.

That "Kung Fu style" comment is limited to reports done by CNN.

Both AP and Reuter never mention it.

The Guy Jan/Ian in all 3 stories supposedly was asleep when the kicking happened, all he saw in all 3 Reports was the Guys wrestling on the Floor.

He also supposedly saw the Co-Pilot use an Ax on the Guys Head when his Body was halfway through the lower half of the Door.

Amazing angle and detail viewing for such a confused scene and crowded lower door space.

Hmm, makes me think how much was added by the Reporters.

Budokan
02-07-2002, 10:10 PM
You gotta love it when ignorant people try to jazz things up by adding martial arts descriptions to their reports. Who's to say he wasn't kicking the door in a tae bo style...?

red_fists
02-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Budokan
Who's to say he wasn't kicking the door in a tae bo style...?

Tae Bo, I reckon the door would still be without a dent. :p

No offense meant to Tae Bo practicioners.

Highlander
02-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by NomortaL
Talking about Kung Fu styles, I would really like to know what all Martial art styles there are and descriptions of each. I keep seeing knew styles mentioned all the time but i don't know anything about them.

Yes there are TONS of styles, but i would love to get to know more of them and what they're all about.

There are too many to list and descriptions can be confusing. But a few years ago, must be about 10 years now, China tried to catalog all the different kung fu styles by filming them. The films are available on video cassette, but I don't remember the name of the series or who distributes them. I'm sure someone on this board knows though.

Seeing is better than reading about.

norther practitioner
02-08-2002, 08:41 AM
http://www.dragonslist.com/articles/styles/