PDA

View Full Version : Favorite sparring partners

KC Elbows
02-08-2002, 02:52 PM
What's your favorite type of person to train with?

Mine is the little guy who fights like a raving lunatic.

Felipe Bido
02-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Guys with some experience in streetfights that want to make you look like a fool, and guys with medium martial arts experience that want to prove themselves

DragonzRage
02-08-2002, 02:57 PM
A guy who's my height but a little heavier, fights aggressively and doesn't mind getting hit hard (ie he won't start whining about "let's take it easy")

JWTAYLOR
02-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Anybody that makes me rethink the way I'm doing things, and makes we work hard to beat them.

JWT

DelicateSound
02-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Whoever can teach me the most. Usually whoever kicks my ass the hardest.

Kristoffer
02-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I find it more amusing beat the crap out of c.ocky guys with some, or little MA experience :)

jon
02-08-2002, 08:54 PM
My Hung sifu becouse i CANT block his darn moves. No matter how hard i try or how perfect i think my technique is he simply mows right though it:rolleyes:
My Bagua sifu becouse whenever i try and get him he aint where he was before :( Or when i think i have him he just rams strait into me like a freight train and its becouse ive helped him gain momentum.
Basicaly i like trying on my two instructors, they both turn me to jelly with no problems and both with a totaly different tactic.

Street fighters who actualy fight are always the toughest imho, they do things you dont expect and dont use moves that dont work for them which means you have to be carefull.

guohuen
02-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Anyone that can whip my butt. If not someone that's a good sport.

Justa Man
02-08-2002, 09:53 PM
i like the cats that leave me frustrated, although while they are frustrating me i hate their fu(king guts.
the bigger cats that blast right through my defense.
the faster cats that implant two gloves in my grill before i can react to the first.

my LEAST favorite are the cats who talk their share of martial skill but throw weak, half-a$$ed attacks cuz they don't practice enough and make me regret picking them as a partner cuz i'm wasting valuable training time.

i love matching with my sifu the best (on the rare occasion that he mixes it up with us students). he doesn't totally crush me even though he can easily. but he takes it to just-a-wee-bit above my level to keep me unsatisfied at the end of practice.

respectmankind
02-08-2002, 09:56 PM
i like people that mix it up and although are MAists, do not fight like one. i have been looking for someone to spar with and everyone says no, ***** alaskans

Mutant
02-09-2002, 01:18 PM
My favorite sparring partners are: The Elderly

Every once in a while I'll stop by a nursing home and pick random fights. Being much younger and in better shape, I can usually take on several at a time. You have to beware of those Alsheimers ward patients, they fight like fiends. And ya gotta watch out for those canes..

premier
02-09-2002, 01:36 PM
I like to spar with the 100lbs female yellow belts and the tall skinny nerdie guys, who are afraid of getting hit.

premier

taijiquan_student
02-09-2002, 03:39 PM
My teacher and his 330 lb. senior student (who once slammed me on my back leaving me hurting and walking awkwardly for a month:D )

Satanachia
02-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Hmmm, favourite in what way, for me to beat, or for getting the most out of sparring.

Otherwise i like the people who seem to be able to stop me getting a single hit on them. Also this one tall guy who has really long legs and arms, cause his range is so much bigger than yours its like he can hit you from the other side of the room, you've really got to move your butt off, and makes you rethink your strategy, since to hit him square in the head you'd almost have to jump.

You have to beware of those Alsheimers ward patients, they fight like fiends. And ya gotta watch out for those canes..

You think that's bad. But man, those walking frames are DEADLY. Seriously. They're like a shield against kicks and man can those decrepit old guys swing them like there's no tommorow. You ever seen a senior citizen flip out and do a walking-frame weapon form demonstration. That's some scary ****. You'll think twice before hitting that nursing home again. God knows i did.....i've learnt my lesson. The hospital bill put me off going back too. When you walk (or rather drag) yourself into a hospital emergency ward with two broken legs and tell them somebody from a nursing home did this too you, for some reason they start laughing. Obviously they haven't seen the awesome power of nursing home gung-fu that they teach those guys after bingo and just before nap time. But i'm biding my time.....yes....biding my time....

Once i've learnt how to weild that kidney dialysis machine like sifu, i'm going to go back there, flip out, and teach those senior citizens a lesson in pain. Man that will be SWEEEET.:D

straight blast
02-10-2002, 10:23 PM
(1) Bigger & badder than me. Teaches me a lot about defence.

(2) Faster than me. Makes me think.

(3) Hollywoods. Because they always end up lying on the ground thinking "But I saw the Tae Kwon Do at the olympics, and it worked for them!"

(4) The fighter who is good at all ranges and never attacks the same way twice. F**K those guys are hard to beat. Makes you feel so good when you do.

(5) My favourite is my wife. I'm almost double her weight, quadruple her experience, but she has almost knocked my head clean off once or twice. The girl is a born boxer, though she's looking into Tai Chi. I'd better keep practising my Wing Chun hard or she'll really be able to hand me my ass. :D

Nichiren
02-11-2002, 03:35 AM
My favorite sparring partners are the ones that are better than me and tries to get me to the same level.

Example: When I'm grappling in my JJ class I like this one guy that has awesome grappling skills but he doesn't "kill" me. Instead he helps me during grappling and allows me to tap him out. He corrects me if I am doing something wrong and shows me new tricks.