PDA

View Full Version : Leopard systems post

illusionfist
01-07-2001, 11:32 PM
Sorry folks, the thread accidentally got deleted while i was editing a post at someone's request. You can post the remainder of the conversation here.

(Ok i lied, i'm really a big fan of <A HREF="http://www.shaolin.com" TARGET="_blank">www.shaolin.com</A> and i was mad cuz it got dissed :p ;) )

Peace :D

Kung Lek
01-08-2001, 01:01 AM
Hi-

to follow the post that was deleted accidentally by illusionfist (whoops! that's some kind of compression method you have there hahaha)

I have not heard of a system based solely on Leopard (panther).

In Shaolin Five animals style, there is an entire set dedicated to this animal solely though.
Also, the spirit of Leopard is found in many Kung fu systems of botyh northern and southern styles of kung fu.

Leopard, works speed, blood flow, breath and other qualities.
alone it is undoubtedly a great set, but it is much more full when complimented with the other animals of the system.

peace

Kung Lek

Je Lei Sifu
01-08-2001, 07:35 AM
Some years back, IKF had done an interview with someone who practiced a style just using leopard. If memory serves well, it was called the golden leopard style. There were lots of low stances as well as groundfighting. This would be the only time I have heard of such a style. I believe a Hung Ga Sifu who lives in East Cleveland, Ohio, by the name of Joe Colvin may have known him personally (the leopard style practitioner).

Peace

Je Lei Sifu :cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

lungyuil
01-08-2001, 12:22 PM
Je Lei Sifu is correct, i saw the article and most of the system seemed ground fighting based with alot of jumping etc. i wouldn't say that it is a Southern short hand system or like other leopard fighting forms in the southern systems but seemed more like monkey style due to the low & long stances, ground fighting and acrobatics used.

Je Lei Sifu
01-09-2001, 05:46 AM
I agee with you totally.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu :cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger