PDA

View Full Version : 7* and 8 Step article in this months KFQ mag

Skarbromantis
02-09-2002, 09:20 AM
7*article on Raymond Ly and Chui Chi Man, and 8 Step interview with James Sun, very good reading, didn't know that CCM was 97 years old now ...Dam!!

Did anyone else get a chance to read?

Also does anyone know when Raymond Ly taught in Toronto?

What years?

And where?

Skard1

drunkendragon
02-09-2002, 01:12 PM
I read it and am very interested in james Sun's "Mantis Mountain". EarthDragon - do you know more about this?

EARTH DRAGON
02-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Mantis mountain is a dream of master Shyun's. It is a retreat that he would like to someday build for people of the federation to go and train on a yearly basis. He has many ideas that he wanted to incorporate like building medical clinics there so he could fly in resident TCM doctors from china and they could finish their training there and host accupunture seminars and teach TCM as well.
I talked in depth about what was needed to fund an the neccesary steps to make that dream come true and it would be a great place to be part of, but as of now it is still a dream......

Ego_Extrodinaire
02-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Earthdragon,

Is mantis mountain going to be a theme park, with mantis performances, James Sun or Wong Long masks for sale. face painting and the famour (to be anyway) mantis mountain ride - much like the space mountain in disney land. instread of getting the thrill of a space flight - riders get a feel of what is like to be a mantis master (or being beaten up by one).

What u think?

EARTH DRAGON
02-10-2002, 08:18 AM
You are too funny :), It will have over priced food and 2 1/2 hours lines to wait in and plenty of guys dressed up as martial artists that you can take pictures with............
But seriously, He wanted to build a retreat that everyone could go and train similar to master Chan Pui's temple on goldenrod RD in orlando. He has lodgeing different training halls, inside and out a swimming pool and so on and so on. If you ever have the time stop there , it is a great place to check out.

EARTH DRAGON
02-10-2002, 09:16 PM
One thing I didnt agree with although I love my teacher is that he stated that 8 step is the only true complete system other than a master of chou li fut in australia?????? does anyone agree with this statement ?