PDA

View Full Version : new zealand pak mei

Tiger on Duty
02-09-2002, 03:23 PM
Hello all,
I am a new member from new zealand who as the title say's practices pak mei kung fu and also some chen style tai chi and san shou and 2 forms of shouthern shaolin fist.
Our shcool is run by sifu lee ngai shing formerly of hk,macau a 1st generation wushu judge and former wushu champion for his pak mei form nine steps push or gau bo toi, sifu lee has been practicising pak mei for over 30 yrs, and lists among his repotoire of styles chen tai chi, yang tai chi and san shou all of which he holds a international wushu judges certificate as well as taolu or forms competition, however he has changed his focus in recent years away from the wushu competition side back towards the traditional, and seeks to teach high quality world class traditional pak mei, ahahahahhaha too bad he has us as students, we are a little club with maybe 20 pak mei students and smatterings of students also doing tai chi, childrens wushu and lion dance, unfortunately as im sure many of you would agree working and training some times dont come together easily but we try, last october we travelled to hk,macau and ghangzhou china for my masters club in macau's 29 yr birthday celebrations, we had the opportunity to meet some very influential wushu masters high light being dinner with 12 masters and them allowing us to perform and performing for us, a rare honour and diffintely getting all their autographs especially sifu changmian chen the creator of nan quan, macau was awesome all our sihings and sidai made us feel very welcome and went out of there way to show us a good time. Highlights from macau the 3rd place national champions for lion dance the hong vai choy li fut school displaying there award winning routine on the 2 metre poles and wire and giving us some much needed pointers on technique and the ip u de choy li fut school doing a fantastic weapons display and having there 3 times asian games tai chi champion perform her 24 form tai chi for us was amazing, have to say thou we cannot meet there high weapons standards we can certainly compete with them in the empty hands displays which was a real boost to all of us who thought they would be light yrs ahead of us in all departments just cuz they are chinese.
sorry to have garbled on i hope to hear from all the pak mei out there and all the other styles as well thank you.

Pakmei
02-12-2002, 02:07 AM
Just thought I'd welcome you to the forum.

How long have you been practising Pak Mei?

Who was your Sifu taught by? Chueng Lai Chuen?

Are you enjoying your Pak Mei training?

mad taoist
02-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Bro, what part of NZ are you in ? I am guessing Auckland. I'm with Stephen Yun's bei chuan school in Wellington.