PDA

View Full Version : Wongs Tournament?

ZhouJiaQuan
02-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Hi, can someone tell me when is sifu wongs tournament, june something right?
And what events will there be,
I need to figure out waht to practice and how long i have to get good :)

Thanks,
Wally

Je Lei Sifu
02-11-2002, 12:40 AM
I'm not quite sure of all the events but you can believe that it will be geared towards traditional gung fu only and no wushu. However, the date should be on June 22, 2002.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

ZhouJiaQuan
02-11-2002, 08:26 AM
Thank You.

Do you(or anyone) know if they divide up by style competing. For instance will they have a hung ga division, and a seperate jow ga division or will both those be in one- say a southern long style division?

Thank you,
Wally

Je Lei Sifu
02-11-2002, 02:10 PM
A few months ago, I spoke with Wong Sifu and he gave me information on his tournament. I'll try to find that information. And if I do I will post it for you.

Peace

Je Lei Sifu

TenTigers
02-11-2002, 07:26 PM
Southern Long Arm division will have Hung-Ga, Hung-Fut, Lama,Jow-Ga, Choy Li Fut,etc in the same division, Southern Short-Hand divison, will have Bak Mei, Wing Chun, Southern Mantis, etc

ZhouJiaQuan
02-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Thanks, i figured it wouldn't be by style but i just wanted to check.

Do you know how they divide up competitors?
for example:
Begginer 0-1 yr?
Intermediate 2-3 yr?
Advanced 3+ yr?

Did anyone go last year? How many people showed up? and were the competitors good(for the most part)?

Much Thanks,

Wally :)

Gong Hay Fat Choy

fiercest tiger
02-14-2002, 02:51 AM
who actually scores the bak mei forms?

Does wong do it? is he bak mei?

wufupaul
02-14-2002, 02:11 PM
His tournament is always good, I've met lots of interesting people there. I've been going to them for the past 4 years, it's in my area. http://www.chinwoo.com/ That's his website there with all the info.

RENEGADE_MONK
02-14-2002, 04:14 PM
LOL,

wufupaul the reference is to Raymond Wong in Washington DC not Texas

Eddie
02-15-2002, 04:15 AM
wufupaul,
I am very interested in going to that tournament. Are you from that school? I have been trying to get in contact with someone at chin woo, but had no luck. Please could you e-mail me if you have any info on the tournament. Basically, I want to know if the tourny is open to anyone from any country, or just people from the USA.

wufupaul
02-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Doh! Wrong Wong, sorry to take up space on the forum, haha. Eddie, I don't go to the school, but it is about 10 minutes from my house. It doesn't matter what country you are from, you can enter. My email is wufupaul@excite.com, but there is contact info on Wong's page.

thekuntawman
02-20-2002, 12:09 AM
raymond and some of the rest of us actually does teach some bak mei, because it is one of the styles that sifu chin teaches. but your not going to learn it for a long time, maybe a couple years after you started. the name of the form is 9 steps. but it is such a small part of what jow ga, you cant advertise it like a separate style.

if your looking for bak mei ( remember its only a part of the style that we learned) in dc, you can also look for howard davis, chris henderson, mu and sin wong, or ron wheeler. i think those are the only ones there who learned it.

mysteri
02-20-2002, 02:36 PM
check out this webpage off of wong sifu's site: http://www.wongjowgakungfu.com/tournament.htm

ZhouJiaQuan
02-21-2002, 11:48 AM
i think that is for last years tournament. I guess they wont change the format too much so the divisions they have listed there(i guess they list divisions there i jsut glanced) will prolly still be the same this year.

Eh, can you email me the terms list you were talking about?I just enabled my email through here i think.
thanks,
wally

mysteri
02-21-2002, 04:44 PM
sorry, i forgot the website was from last year. i'm gonna e-mail u whatever i have.
"i think, therefore, i am!"