PDA

View Full Version : A place for me here.

No_Know
02-10-2002, 05:30 PM
There was a thread on an older board of kungfuonline.com which which came to be in four parts detailing revelations gotten relevant to arcade game-play.

My latest post would have had to do with having against with an actual person-ish.

I was playing Tekken Tag-Team. Furthering my study of mySelf. Someone asks to play/join-in...it seems muchly not ever proper to decline to anyone asking to play. His game play devistated the characters which I was playing~. I evaluated my playing, against his workings. Pausing to get a feel, his operations of lever and button caused relentless executed techniques. Registering that there was agressive movement, my character comprehended to back away-ish. Sts(shac)(so to speak (shake a can)), I could create only enough space for the techniques used by the opponent, to be effective. The same thing kept happening-ish. At some point I reasoned, treat it like concepts for a confrontatation not bound by the programers of an arcade game, but the possibilities and undeterminednesses of outside of an arcade game...(Before the power goes out...).

...I think I realized that I was attacking when I understood he~ was attacking to hit. I didn't have the money to be going fifty cents in against someine whe could counter my thinking. Yet, I thought that I was close to understanding some aspect of my thining that made me vulnerable in a fight~. If I had the hindsight of my performance (which in a real-ish situation would have my head knocked down my neck through my torso, to where I could look out rear pucker...not literally). I basically trusted to fight as I would choose to do so. The timing shift lit me get the upper hand . Then ,,,

No_Know
02-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Then I defended in his~ attacks and was choosing when to strike and how to act. Before, I had been reacting with an attack. With the defending and choosing my moment~, he was playing an arcade game. I was fighting. He was not a fighter (not trained near my level). He lost~. He wasn't interested in playing again.

Leonidas
02-11-2002, 10:00 PM
.............what can i say..................

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jun_erh
02-12-2002, 04:16 PM
As always -ish I haven't the slightest idea what you're talkiing about -ish but let me say this

- I'm not into Tekken but am very into Virtua fighter 4, where i Major in Lei Fei and minor in Pai Chan. I get beat by 2 types of people. the first is people who have the home version (I only play in the arcade) and/or are just flat out better. The other, is the guy who puts his 50 cents in and just presses punch till his finger falls off. Probably can block a little, but is mostly just staying on top of you. These guys can usually beat me once or twice, but eventually you can see that they are predictable, though very effective in a way. I've seen these guys beat really good guys and go really far in one player, but they can never get to that next level. -ISH!!!

No_Know
02-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Very good; however, those buttons 'til their fingers drops offers are headed for Life is pointless. They will come to the understanding that they can win and not Know anything. They carry this into their everyday lives. And cheating becomes O.K. to them. Only the bottomline matters. This means a loss of scruples or no feeling of need of scruples, and how one gets money begins to not matter.

People who understand the moves and their reasoningsCan improve their concepts for use in fighting and broadens the mind as to the possibilities of training and practice..

They won that game but are losers (with that thinking) in Life. If you try to understand...apply sensible movements and moves, and even losing the game (you gain a better understanding of yourself and your thinking; and a broader database to be used all throughout your life) you stand a greater chance at staying a winner at Life.

Leonidas
02-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Who woulda thunk it. A life lesson from a videogame........:D :D

jun_erh
02-13-2002, 07:41 PM
I'm also "headed for life is pointless"-ish (shake the can) ()()()

seriously though, it's good to play those guys once in a while, just to keep you on your toes.

No_Know
02-14-2002, 09:25 AM
jun-erh, to think you're right and have it work can definitely be nice-ish. And they are a good test of your right thinking.

Life is not pointless. You are approaching a point of no return. Hopefully you come-upon a point of view that allows you to see beyond the dark hopeless-seeming, This Now. A perspective usually called hindsight. When one has hindsight relevant to one's actions before that one acts, one might make more preferred choices.

jun_erh
02-15-2002, 12:42 PM
I think No Know types whatever language he speaks into a machine/program that translates it. If so, it's apparent the technology has not been perfected or really worked on at all.

http://www.segaweb.com/media/vf4/lei_fei01.jpg

No_Know
02-16-2002, 02:11 PM
And you supposedly put that there for a reason.

jun_erh
02-17-2002, 07:32 AM
it's the character from virtua fighter 4 -ish

Xebsball
02-19-2002, 06:06 AM
Did you know that ive never been defeated in an arcade fighting game challenge match.

They put their coins thinking: "Im tired of waiting, this guy is taking to long, ill take him out the game" and "I bet i could totally defeat this individual".
All of them are left humblened, all defeated.

Xebsball
02-19-2002, 06:07 AM
undefeated -ish