PDA

View Full Version : Had to use BJJ on my brother this past weekend

KnightSabre
02-11-2002, 04:14 AM
This past weekend we celabrated my brothers 21st birthday.
It was one pretty wild house party.

We started off playing some drinking games,I developed a mean headache and went to lie down in one of the rooms.

While I was lying down my brother and some of his mates started drinking Spiced Gold and Coke through a funnel,they ran out of coke and started doing straight Spiced Gold (about 40% alc).
This obviously made them very drunk,very quickly.
At the party was a girl that my brother "new" from before and she started giving him hassles.
While he was bending over pukeing,she kicked him into the flower bed.
After that she started telling him he's a **** and he's treating her badly etc.

I was still lying down when I heard a cammotion going on outside,I wasn't sure if it was just some guys having fun or if it was something serious.
I decided to go and check.

When I got outside I saw that one of the front windows from my brothers car was smashed,I then heard alot of shouting and swearing and saw my brother walking with this girl behind him and they were clearly arguing.
I heard her taunting him to hit her,he sayed he doesn't hit girls but hits cars,at which point he ran up and punched out another window.

two of his friends tried to restrain him but he threw them arround.My brother is a rugby player and is about 6'3 and over 200.I moved in and clinched with him to control him,I moved him to a grass area and then swept him to take him down,I mounted him and controlled his arms while speaking to him in a calm voice,
the girl was still there taunting him to make him madder ,I told her to get lost in not so pretty words and then sent someone for towels(his arms were bleeding from the glass).
I finally calmed him down enough to get him inside clean his wounds (pretty deep) and put him to bed.

I was glad that I could use my training to control and not injure someone I love,I could have used my striking training but what would that have helped.

It's amazing how crazy a girl can make a guy go.

Sharky
02-11-2002, 05:16 AM
he should have just hit her.

jon
02-11-2002, 05:20 AM
You are a very brave and smart man, my hat go's off to you.
Very nicely handled.
I cant deal with anyone like the way you discribe this girl, i have enough brains not to encourage people i cant beat to hit me and i have NO respect for anyone who cant do the same.
You did a good thing and it sounds like your training has really paid off:D

LEGEND
02-11-2002, 07:14 AM
Girls will **** u up if u let them! Tell your brother to tell this HO to get loss or else u talk to Mr. Gotti.

KnightSabre
02-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Jon, thanks for the kind words.

LOL at Legend and Sharky

Ryu
02-11-2002, 07:29 AM
So much of this kind of thing can be avoided all together if people stop playing "drinking games" for the sole purpose to get drunk. :rolleyes:

Ryu

KnightSabre
02-11-2002, 07:44 AM
Ryu, I hear you.

Unfortunately my brothers at the stage in his life where he wants to party,get drunk,meet girls etc.

I'd hate to know what would have happenned if I wasn't there that night.

Yung Apprentice
02-11-2002, 08:04 AM
Judging by how big your bro sounds, he'd been punching thru freakin busses next!!!

Sam Wiley
02-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Sounds to me like your brother met the wrong girl. IMO, he should tell her to take a hike. I've never kicked someone over while they were puking. That's just mean, man.

I've used my art to break up fights before. It sucks having to be the one to straighten things out, but if it needs to be done...

Good show, though, Knightsabre. Maybe you should have a little talk with your brother and explain to him the error of his ways. And also that he could find a better girl?

Kristoffer
02-11-2002, 11:38 AM
how the **** did he punch threw a car window??? Tha't aint real izzit? :D

jesper
02-11-2002, 02:08 PM
When I was younger I was going out with a friend of mine.
Well he met this girl and started to flirt with her.

Me I was left with her not so attractive friend, you know rings in the nose, dark makeup and such. So I got bored real fast and told my friend I was bored and wanted to go to another place. Suddenly this FU girl slaps me.
At first im a little shocked, and being slightly drunk I didnt react in time. Well I tell her to stop slapping me, and she then immediatly tries to slap me again but I parry it and slaps her back.
By now im pretty angry and warns her not to come close to me, and then starts to walk away. But now her friend butts in and try to kick me in the b...., so out of pure instinct I legparry her and gives her an elbow in the face. Then I turn to the first girl and give her a straight blast too. When I see They are both down unconscious, I decide enough is enough and leave.

I really hate these girls who think they can get away with hitting men, just because they are girls.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-11-2002, 02:36 PM
what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Water Dragon
02-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

I don't know. She obviously didn't listen the first two times :D

Sam Wiley
02-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Oh God, that joke is SOOOO mean!

Jesper,
You ELBOWED a girl in the FACE?! Jesus Christ! I know jumping the grenade isn't fun, but you don't have to beat the crap out of them!

Oh, BTW, "jumping the grenade," is when a guy in a group takes the ugly girl from the group of girls so everyone gets paired up and laid. Just so people know.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-11-2002, 02:46 PM
haha .. that's as good as the actual punch line. maybe even a little better.

the answer is:

nothing. you done told her twice.

i love that joke. i have told it to my girlfriend at least once a week for the past couple years since i heard it. i think it's another reason she hates me but i never get tired of it.

DelicateSound
02-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jesper
I legparry her and gives her an elbow in the face. Then I turn to the first girl and give her a straight blast too. When I see They are both down unconscious, I decide enough is enough and leave.

Aw man. Whilst I do agree that b!tchy girls need putting down a peg, in my town, the whole bar would kick your ass. They'd put you up on the wall Han Solo style, with a little plaque:

"Here lies Jesper, who thought he could straight blast a couple of chicks. He died in a brutal and violent way, as circa 67 people pounded his face into the earth.

Jesper: 1969 - 2002. May he Rest in Eternal Torture."

:D

Ryu
02-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Sounds like my kinda bar.

I gotta remember the plaque thing for next time though...

Ryu

red_fists
02-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Hi KnightSabre.

Personally, I must say that I would NOT praise you for what you did.

You being the older Person here should have exerted more control over your Brothers 21st Birthday Party and the ongoings.

Yes, I know 21 is a big thing in SA, lived down there long enough.

But in the first place the Party should have never gotten to that stage, nor shouldhave People become that intoxicated.

Yes, that girl was annoying, but than a lot of SA women grated on my Nerves.

Again, I say you are his elder and should have made sure that his 21st was a more memorable occasion.

Coming of age is important and should not be associated with hangovers, broken things and fighting.

Ryu
02-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Red_fists, I like your style.

Cheers.
(.....man now you guys got me saying it too...)

Ryu

Ryu
02-11-2002, 05:28 PM
red_fists, check your Private Messages.

Ryu

Ehlana
02-11-2002, 09:09 PM
CMA, what an honourable group of men LOL

KnightSabre
02-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Actually, my brother said he's glad that it happened cause now he's learnt something important.

If I wasn't having a lie down due to my headache I would have been able to stop them funnelling the Spiced Gold straight,how was I suppossed to know they were gonna do something so silly.
Also if it wasn't for that girl the party would have gone smoothely.

It's easy for alot of people to sit back and judge,but try walking a mile in someone elses moccasins before doing so.

red_fists
02-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Knight Sabre.

I celebrated my 21st in SA, never mind that back in my Home Country we are considered adults at age 18. :)

My Friends also tried to pull the BIG party and heavy drinking thingy on me, girls promised and the what not.

They even had the Wheelbarrow, Diaper and the rest ready to make fun of me once I got wasted.
Happy 21st Card with 2 Huge Plasters for the first Pub crawling,etc.

I told them the 1st one that even tries to refill my glass after I said I had enough would be in serious pain.

Luckily it all went off smooth and everbody was still in a good condition when the sun came up.
Most of the Guys (incl. myself) burned out for a Breakfast run at 05:30am.
Problem is the same as with Japan and a lot of other Countries, from one minute to the next you are given all the liberties to be stupid and hurt yourself and other People.

And I think it is up to the parents and older friends to make sure that the things don't go out of hand.

Anyhuh, still miss the Biltong, the American Beef Jerky is such a pure substitute.

I was in SA/Johannesburg from 1987~1997.

KnightSabre
02-12-2002, 12:24 AM
Red_fists

I've Lived in Johannesburg my whole life.
I can understand how you miss biltong,I've eaten it most of my life and still I can't get enough of it.
In SA you can drink,get a gun,vote,drive etc when you're 18.

In your case it was a personal choice not to get intoxicated.
My brother and the rest of the croud were the opposite,they wanted to get trashed.If my brother thought I was gonna run arround and stop everyone from drinking I wouldn't have been invited and then I wouldn't have been there to stop the mayhem that followed.

Also I've seen my brother drunk before and he's far from violent,this girl just triggered something off that drove him into a rage.The last time the 2 of us got drunk we spent the night laughing hysterically at the silliest things,it was fun

Ryu
02-12-2002, 12:31 AM
This isn't a slam or an invite into a discussion, just a comment.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why people need alcohol to "laugh at the silliest things" "have fun" "talk with an open heart" etc... I just don't understand why people need an outside substance to do these things. But I guess that's just me.

I can do all the listed things above, all with a clear head and good judgment in tact. Oh well, just a comment.

Ryu

red_fists
02-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Hi KS.

Like I always say, the most important part about getting trashed is choosing the People you get trashed with.

BTW, I used to live up
Northcliff/Blackheath-Cresta way.
And like a fool started off in Hillbrow.

Loved it there, but not as a Counry to raise my Kids in.

Besides Biltong I miss Hunters Gold.
Castle Beer I can get over here in Tokyo, but no Hunter's. :mad:

red_fists
02-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Ryu

I kinda agree with you.

My parents taught me that, but I hardly ever get drunk as I don't like it.
Yep, been there, done it but not worthwhile in my Opinion.

I drink up to a certain point and than stop.

Granted occasionally it felt good going all the way, and was needed for stress relief.

KnightSabre
02-12-2002, 01:37 AM
Ryu, I know that you're the local forum hero,
and yes I like you too.

I never once mentioned that I need alcohol or other stimulants to have a good time.
My brother and I have in our 21 years together only been drunk twice together,we've laughed hysterically over 100 times togehter though,and no we didn't smoke anything either.
I havene't done any drugs including dube,ecstacy etc.
Yeah I've had my fair share of alcohol but I'ts not a regular thing.The last time I got really drunk was more than 8 months ago.
Anywayz I know it wasn't a dig from your side but I have a feeling you guys think I can't have fun unless I have artificial stimulants.

Red_Fists my martial arts school is in Northcliff.
I live in Randburg.
To be honest with you,things in SA are improving,it's slow but it's definately happenning,crime is on the decrease and the country is starting to do better economically too.The rand took a beating in December but has stabalised since.
I love this country.

red_fists
02-12-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by KnightSabre

Red_Fists my martial arts school is in Northcliff.
I live in Randburg.
To be honest with you,things in SA are improving,it's slow but it's definately happenning,crime is on the decrease and the country is starting to do better economically too.The rand took a beating in December but has stabalised since.
I love this country.

Really glad to hear that.
I will also tell my Wife we still got plenty of Friens both Japanese & non-Japanese back there.

LEGEND
02-12-2002, 08:26 AM
To REDFIST and RYU...get off your high horse...so what if a party got out of control??? Knight got it back in control! This is reality...and reality is kids will do stupid thang...and prohibition has been over since the 30's. I don't care if Knight brother was sober or not...when a woman "F" with your head...she's pushing u to the brink. LOL. Knight u told your bro to kick dat ho to the curve rite??? If he doesn't listen oh well...expect SHIET to happen again.

Ryu
02-12-2002, 08:38 AM
Like I said before, that wasn't a slam at anyone. More just a general comment about what I've heard from a consensus of people, NOT directed at KS at all. :) (He wasn't drunk at the party)

I'm not trying to be high and mighty anything. All I'm saying is that 90% of our problems seem to come from being "drunk". You say that is reality, but people aren't "fated" to become drunk. It's a choice everyone makes. With so much chaos that comes from it, it seems that just avoiding it could wipe out a good deal of the trouble we see at parties, gatherings, large crowds, etc.
I'm not telling people not to drink. I'm simply saying that drinking with the goal of getting drunk is probably not the best motivation.
And it causes problems.

None of that was a slam at KS, he did get things under control. However that wouldn't have needed to be done if drunkness wasn't involved with anyone there. :)

Anyway, I'm done.
LOL, I don't know about being a "forum hero" ....... :( I actually don't want that as I'm prone to mistakes and wrong views like any human. People should think for themselves, but really look into what they're thinking.

Ryu

Merryprankster
02-12-2002, 08:46 AM
What Legend said. (without the high-horse comment)

21---hmmm sounds like an age where you are pretty responsible for your own decisions and have to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Nobody should be policing your actions at that age, you should be policing yoursefl. and if you have to rely on your older brother to nanny you you've got some real problems. And at a party, it's one thing to say "you need to put that bottle down," and another to be there continually making sure he does.

The bottom line is that Knightsabre is neither personally nor morally responsible for the behavior of somebody who is 21. It's not HIS business to be the party nanny. The fact that he DID do something when he believed things got out of hand is a good thing.

Ryu
02-12-2002, 08:51 AM
"Nobody should be policing your actions at that age, you should be policing yoursefl."

That's absolutely right. Unfortunately, it's not always the case with a LOT of things in our society. (As well as other societies as well)

Again, this is taken to a bigger context now, no longer about KS or his brother, so I digress, and should let it go at that.

Ryu

Badger
02-12-2002, 08:51 AM
The sad thing is there are little wooden crosses on the side of the expressway & other roads for kids who do "stupid" things...or victims of another person's "stupid" things.

Use your mind...don't pickle it!

KnightSabre-Glad you were there to look after your brother.

Badger

jesper
02-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Just two quick questions sam

If a guy tried to kick you in the balls, would you hold back ??

Why should it be different when its a girl ?

Both attacked you with intent to really hurt you, both should recieve same treatment.
Dont get me wrong, im not advocating slapping girls silly for no reason, but some girls think they can get away with alot, just because most men refuse to hit them back.

Well im not one of those men, if a girl hit me I treat her exactly the same as I would a man.

Ryu
02-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Okay this is boring.

I'm not going to worry about PC stuff now, and just say this then leave for a test, and spend the rest of the day rolling and training.

The reason is because in most circumstances you can hurt women more than you would a man. That's not always the case, and I don't want to press the "weaker" sex issue, but most instances men are physically bigger, stronger, and more powerful in their strikes than women. Again that's not always the case, but most of the cases you hear HERE probably would be.

That's why you refrain yourself. The whole "men and women are equal so hit them" argument is just pseudo mumbo jumbo.

Okay, goodbye for the day, board. LOL

Ryu

Ryu
02-12-2002, 09:26 AM
Wanted to add one last thing.
I would say the same thing about a man who was smaller in structure too or who wasn't a "real" threat to you. Take responsibility for your actions and your strengths. It's the decent thing to do.

(though if you're fighting Wushu chik or Jas, you've got your hands full.... But they can beat me up anytime :D )

Ryu

Merryprankster
02-12-2002, 09:29 AM
What Ryu said.

Case in point:

I was watching the World's Strongest Woman competition.

There's an event called the stone circle where you lift 350 lbs and walk around in a circle (get your body underneath it and move.)

Now, I'm just an average athletic guy and I can lift 350lbs in the manner they discuss. I'm not too sure about how I'd fare walking around with it, but I can LIFT it.

And these are the STRONGEST women in the world. My Girlfriend is about to break 200 in the deadlift and that's pretty **** strong for a woman... but a 200 max deadlift for a guy is just awful.

Sam Wiley
02-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by jesper
Just two quick questions sam

If a guy tried to kick you in the balls, would you hold back ??

What, just out of the blue? Dude, I know people who consider kicking people in the nuts a hilarious alternative to shaking their hand. I definitely hold back, and I don't elbow people in the face, especially not girls. I might punch either of them in the arm or something, or kick them in the nuts the next time I got the chance, I might even punch them in the face, but I'm not going to elbow them in the face.

Why should it be different when its a girl?

Because I might want to get layed at the end of the night. Seriously, because girls are in fact smaller and weaker than most males. No matter how much they want to be treated like men, they are still women, and some amount of consideration should be thrown their way. Or at least that's how I feel.

Both attacked you with intent to really hurt you, both should recieve same treatment.
Dont get me wrong, im not advocating slapping girls silly for no reason, but some girls think they can get away with alot, just because most men refuse to hit them back.

Well im not one of those men, if a girl hit me I treat her exactly the same as I would a man.

You are free to do so. Although I'm one of those people who advocates absolutely destroying an attacker, I'm still a bit chivalrous. I do hit women back sometimes, but it's never full power, and it's never at a vital point like I would hit a man, and it's almost never in the face, and it's never in the face with the elbow. Maybe the ribs with the elbow, but not the face.

Yung Apprentice
02-12-2002, 07:10 PM
I have never hit a woman. Almost did once but didn't . I was just brought up that way. But I wouldn't look down upon a man who would defend himself against a woman. Most women are weaker, most. But even a weak little frail women can damage a man. Some women will attack a man, thinking they can get away with it, just because they are women.But a woman has no right to put her hands on a man , or phisically hurt a man. Just because she is a women, dosen't mean you shouldn't defend yourself, or let her hurt you.

If she wants to play like a man, then she should be willing to suffer the consequences.But in the same instant, one should not go buck wild when defending themselves. I do NOT advoacate the hitting of either man or woman,unless defending oneself. To go up and hit someone just because you can is wrong.

To not defend one's self is a personal choice. But women can cause as much damage as a man, no matter how strong.

KnightSabre
02-13-2002, 07:54 AM
Thanks to all those who responded.

I also don't hit girls and thats why I was so proud of my brother when in his drunken rage he hit the car instead of her.

LEGEND
02-13-2002, 08:57 AM
Knight...what if it was your car??? hahahaha!!! Then u would have posted...I use BJJ to KILL my brother.

Tigerstyle
02-13-2002, 09:15 AM
LOL @ LEGEND

KnightSabre
02-13-2002, 11:29 PM
LMAO

It would have read "Had to choke out my brother this weekend".

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-14-2002, 08:33 AM
"I would say the same thing about a man who was smaller in structure too or who wasn't a "real" threat to you. Take responsibility for your actions and your strengths. It's the decent thing to do."

that's exactly the attitude i hope for in my opponent.

Ryu
02-14-2002, 08:44 AM
I wasn't talking about a small guy who's a viscious fighter...
I was talking about someone who literally is not a real threat
(I.E. he can't fight you, he's too weak to hurt you, etc.)

Ryu

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-14-2002, 09:28 AM
yeah, but how can you tell? i guess there are exceptions but for the most part there is no way of telling if a little dude packs a punch until he hits you (unless you train with him). being small myself i hope everyone thinks i'm a puss. i think it about doubles my chances of winning.

Yung Apprentice
02-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Exactly, I once witnessed a fight between my good friend, and a guy I knew. My friend weighs 115 and fought this guy who could bench 350 I think he was 250. I thought he was going to murder my friend. My friend mopped this guy up I was stunned. My friend almost knocked this dude out. I had to pull him off of this poor schlub. My friend even took a couple hits from this guy, and it looked like it had no effect on him. Ever since then, I never underestimated anybody.