PDA

View Full Version : How to use kung fu to fight a challenging moron.

old jong
10-04-2001, 07:13 PM
1: Never use a training stance as a prefight posture.Be allert and natural.
2: He will surely try a fake blow to the head and use your reaction to go for a double leg.Treat his feint as a real attack and attack him.Use timing.
3: he may use some "Thai" kick to your leg to lower your guard or disrupt your balance.Kick his supporting leg and don't be shy about it!
4: Don't play his game.Make your's better.
5: In practice,take the time to make your striking techniques potent weapons.Don't rely on tricks or self defense.
6: look at him straight in the eyes and be aware of his whole body.(practice that aspect)
7: Don't sparr...FIGHT!...
8: Don't worry about style,do what you have to do even if it is not "correct"
Anybody want to add something? ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

DrunkenMonkey
10-04-2001, 07:16 PM
Spar, but don't go orthodox and kick his ass.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

wu_de36
10-04-2001, 07:20 PM
Step back and double tap his ass with your Glock.

sorry... thought you said Gun Fu..

Felipe Bido
10-04-2001, 07:23 PM
- Don't go easy on him. Later, he will say that he beat you in a bloodspilling fight

----------------------------------------
-When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
-For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

ShaolinTiger00
10-04-2001, 07:35 PM
its true... ;)

GLW
10-04-2001, 07:54 PM
Good list OldJong.

Fits with what I tell people ...

"Once you are outside of your classmates and known friends, there is NO such thing as friendly sparring"

and the other one :

"When being kind to another becomes and act of Masochism, you need to rethink what you are doing"

Felipe Bido
10-04-2001, 08:16 PM
From my past experiences with sparring and fighting, I've learned a thing called "teaching humility"...if a guy wants to spar "friendly" and you go easy on him, he'll say he hit you badly. You have to "teach him humility" by hitting him hard a few times..just for him to understand that you don't wanna injure him seriously.

Two saturdays ago I was teaching a hitting/blocking drill to a guy. Sometimes he tried to hit me in the head, and said "I could've hit you!"..or, when I just touched him, he said: "That's nothing!, you couldn't knock me out with that!". Needless to say, I told him to go full force, slapped him in the face a couple of times, and took him down 3 or 4 times. Now he understands the difference between "going easy on someone" and "realistic sparring"

A lot of guys with big mouths need some of that these days...

-------------------------
-When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
-For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

azwingchun
10-04-2001, 08:43 PM
I know what you are saying there, I do the same with certain students who try to get in a couple good shots to see if they can do it. This is when humility comes into play for me, I will then tap them just hard enough that it stops the aggression, or them trying to prove a point. Though I don't have many students try this at least not in a way to prove a point, there are those few that try to test your skill. They are usually in my experience the new student who has had some sort of previous fighting skills or the the higher ranking students who think that they are ready to test thier skills with yours. Though humilty goes both way, I can't as an teacher allow my feelings to get hurt if a student does land a punch, because this is the name of the game. Though if done to test you or to prove a point I will immediately go in and prove "My" point. But I believe as well as has been taught to me, this is also part of combat training, and I can't let my anger prevail over training. I am sure I have done this same thing to teachers in my past. ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-04-2001, 09:07 PM
i have to strongly agree and disagree with old jong's number 3 "he may use some "Thai" kick to your leg to lower your guard or disrupt your balance.Kick his supporting leg and don't be shy about it!"

if it's a serious fight or some a$ saying that he wants to fight you because that karate crap don't work than i would have to agree. screw him ... he asked to get broken and i have no pity. however, if it's just someone who wants to spar you better be very accurate and very careful kicking someone's supporting leg. when all their weight is on it like that you'll snap the knee or ankle like a twig if you "arent shy about it" and follow through. i'm not saying that it's the perfect fight ender, guaranteed to work every time, but if you accidentally succeed in hitting the right spot (wheather you meant to or not)you just broke some poor fu cker who just wanted to see what you had. not cool. this is of course only my perception of what you meant by not being shy about it. pushing through their thigh and snap kicking are far different from stepping through someones supporting leg at a join.

where's my beer?

Ralek
10-04-2001, 09:14 PM
Kung fu guys will lose against me no matter what strategies they use.

Josh "I respect all styles" Fernando

Xebsball
10-04-2001, 09:24 PM
Ralek, will you choke their dicks with your ass?

-------------------------
"Faltou luz mas era Dia, o Sol invadiu a sala. Fez da tv um espelho, refletindo o que a gente esquecia."

Tigerstyle
10-04-2001, 09:24 PM
Ralek,
By posting a response like that, did you just accept the title of "a challenging moron"? ;)

Ralek
10-04-2001, 09:28 PM
No. I'm a scientist. I test kung fu to see if it is effective in scientific testing grounds. So far results have yielded that kung fu sucks.

Therefore it is a scientific fact that kung fu sucks. Atheorectically speaking.

ope
10-04-2001, 09:31 PM
alot of good points where made i just wanted to add that you should keep the same pace as he does.. what i mean by this is if he puts power and speed in his techqiues strikes etc.. then you should as well.. but if you get the feelin his holding back then by all means hold back.. get a good feel of him first before you total trash him.. he might just want to do some friendly sparring..

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2001, 09:38 PM
#6 I don't agree with. You stare people down before the fight, not after it has already started.

who here actually stares into someones eyes while they spar or fight someone?

Ralek
10-04-2001, 09:43 PM
If you want to beat a NHB fighter then it is essential that you make eye-contact or you will lose for sure.

Eye-contact is the most essential part of kung fu. How are you supposed to see them if you don't make eye-contact.

For example. Let's say your fighitng me. Then all of a sudden you decide to look out the window. Then you can't see me and i can hit you. Let's say that you start looking at my hands. Then You won't be able to see the window anymore and someone could fly threw the window and hit you from behind. If you look in my eye's however you will be able to see the reflection of the window in my eyes and you will know if someone is flying threw the window and trying to attack you from behind.

Matt-le-kat
10-04-2001, 09:51 PM
"2: He will surely try a fake blow to the head and use your reaction to go for a double leg.Treat his feint as a real attack and attack him.Use timing."

I don't agree with this. Most morons won't know techniques like that. Unless they know wrestling or something.
Most morons use wild haymakers or just try to rush you.

Nothing is to be feared, only understood....

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2001, 10:00 PM
Yes, I prefer to look out the window while fighting people. good answer dummy.

shaolinboxer
10-04-2001, 10:00 PM
# 6 does not mean the same as staring someone down

It is a method of not fixing your intent on any one particular thing, allowing your mind (which is followed by the body) to not be drawn in away from any possible opening you may present your opponent (thereby eliminating those openings).

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2001, 10:05 PM
I'll usually look at someone at shoulder level. the only reason I might look them in the face is to pick out the target I'm about to punch.

#6 said look them straight in the eyes. what good does that do?

Ralek
10-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Ming. How will you be able to see the reflection of what's behind you if you don't look at their eyes? You need to be aware of everything around you when your fighting.

Ralek
10-04-2001, 10:11 PM
At least old jong understands the super importance of eye-contact.

This does not just apply to fighting. Let's say some girl is talking to you. She likes you. Then all of a sudden you decide to look out the window. Now it seems like your not paying attention. You know that you can still hear her but she doesn't think that your paying attention.

This is similar to a fight. If you look out the window or something then the NHB fighter will know you are not paying attention and will knock you out.

Ralek
10-04-2001, 10:12 PM
Eye-Contact is the most important fighting strategy for realistic self defense applications!!!!

If someone started making eye-contact with me i wouln't want to mess with them. That shows that they can see all around them and be one with the universe of their immediate location while simultaneousy fighting. Not the kind of person you want to mess with.

Tigerstyle
10-04-2001, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you look in my eye's however you will be able to see the reflection of the window in my eyes and you will know if someone is flying threw the window and trying to attack you from behind.[/quote]
:D LOL! That's good stuff!

Tigerstyle
10-04-2001, 10:22 PM
Wait, you've contradicted yourself. You mention that you look away when a girl is talking to you, but you are still paying attention to them. Then you say an NHB fighter will "know" you're not paying attention when you look away. Couldn't "looking out the window" be a setup to lure the NHB fighter into trap?

RENEGADE_MONK
10-04-2001, 10:23 PM
I think he's referring to Superman :D

if any of have a fight near a window three words of advice.....Just Shut it!!

Ralek
10-04-2001, 10:31 PM
Yes. If the NHB fighter is TALKING to you then you will be able to pretend likeyour not paying attention.

But if they are FIGHTING you then taht has nothing to do with your hearing. You need to sEE them.

But maybe you might be able to see their reflection in the window. Then when you look out the window you could still see them and they would think your not paying attention and walk right into a punch or kick.

Tigerstyle
10-04-2001, 10:33 PM
Ah, yes! You are truly wise beyond your (15?) years.

jun_erh
10-04-2001, 10:33 PM
Make eye contact with the moronic girl. When she tries to tackle you jump out the window. Most morons don't know this

nightair
10-04-2001, 10:38 PM
I will just bite off their nose... :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :confused:

atsai
10-04-2001, 10:40 PM
Yeah, the latest study in JAMA showed 78.6% of the moron did not know that. ;)

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

nightair
10-04-2001, 10:41 PM
or make eye contact with the window because the girl has a gun and if she knows that you know that she is not paying a ttention to you paying attention she will pay attetion to you while you are not paying attention to the bullet that is paying attention to your eye.But..in the end the bullet will make eye contact with you??? In you eye ?? Right??? :confused:

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-04-2001, 10:41 PM
old jongs original post was in the flavor of an actual fight, but i mention the knee thing because some of the following posts were about sparring someone with a point to prove.

i think in sparring you should test the waters at least a little before going all out even against someone like the above mentioned. not everyone you don't get a good first impression of is actually going to be a d!ck while sparring.

of course, on the flip side, i say give them everything they ask for and a little more.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-04-2001, 10:50 PM
ralek is funny.

to tell you the truth i missed ralek while he was gone. i truly realized how badly all the other trolls sucked when he left. you guys have to admit that he is definatley the most entertaining troll that we have ever had.

what a hell of a guy.

hey ralek, have you seen this new bjj site?

http://www.soturi.net/nhb/ (http://users.1st.net/abaddon/ponc****.jpg)

where's my beer?

ged
10-05-2001, 02:13 AM
hey azwingchun

um. i have a question. anyone answer this, but its about your post on the first page.

so if a student tries to hit you, you play rough?

sometimes when one of my disi-hengs 'spars' with me (its not really sparring, just someone throwing a few punches and the other guy deflecting them and pulling a few hits on the aggressor) ive wanted to try my hardest to hit him. not to prove a point, but to allow him to prove a point. ill try and explain... i think that if i tried my utmost to punch this guy in the head, and he destroys my punches and dominates me, id feel better about kung fu, and train harder. but azwingchun, if you were my disi heng, youd hit me a few in the face? so is it disrespectful to try and hit him?

ok, that paragraph isnt organized very well. sorry.

azwingchun
10-05-2001, 02:39 AM
I hope I didn't miss lead you or anyone else. The point I was trying to make was getting hit in sparring is fine.....this happens and is part of the training. It is the student who gets a little cocky and gets outta hand. Almost to say that they might be trying to hurt you, to say "Lokk what I did". Does that make sense? I realize there is a fine line between sparring and what I am trying to say, but if and when it happens I am a firm believer in reacting to it. This is not so much for me to prove a point as it is to keep the student from getting out of hand, and in some cases carrying it over to the other students (which has happened before). This cockiness seems to me to go beyond training and into trying to make a point of how good they are. I believe this ego stagnates ones training and ability to learn. Does this make better sense? ;)

ged
10-05-2001, 04:26 AM
yup, i understand your viewpoint completely.

but like i said, i wouldnt try to hurt the instructor, my attack would be an attempt for me to glimpse what hard training can lead to.

but he might interpret it as you would, and think im getting cocky.

that happened once before with this guy - i asked him if full contact sparring was done. he misinterpreted this as me wanting to do it NOW, instead of when i was ready - and hit me a few times over the next week. fair enough.

should i explain to him what i want? or just try and punch as fast as i can? i dont mind having bruised forearms for a week from him blocking them. but i like my nose unbroken :p

azwingchun
10-05-2001, 04:30 AM
Exactly, tell him how hard you are wanting to go and if he doesn't honor that then find someone else. ;)

Ryu
10-05-2001, 09:51 AM
This is one of the funniest threads ever on this forum! :D

GDA, you're killin me with that pic!
:D :D

Ryu

http://www.jkdu.co.za/pics/logos/jkduhpma1.gif

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

old jong
10-05-2001, 12:31 PM
Yeah!...Treads do have a tendancy to turn "funny" these days.But, what the heck? ;) :D... I like that!

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...