PDA

View Full Version : Equipment?

[Censored]
02-11-2002, 01:26 PM
Has anyone here used an iron vest in their WC training? Rotating dummy? Other unusual equipment?

Roy D. Anthony
02-13-2002, 02:56 PM
No Sorry. Those have been Censored from Wing Chun!!!...LOL

wingchunalex
02-17-2002, 10:38 PM
my sifu and my sifu's assistant instructor both have weighted vests. my sifu runs in his. i've used anle wieghts to help with kicking. (make sure you buy good quality comphortable ones). at my school we drop a 12 lbs medicine ball on the stomach to condition it and we do breathing exercises.

yuanfen
02-19-2002, 08:36 AM
Iron vests, ankle weights, revolving dummies, modified TKD styrofoam equipments...quo vadis wing chun?
Fingers pointing at the moon? The art recedes!

JasBourne
02-19-2002, 10:35 AM
full cage headgear, knuckle gloves, shin and instep guards, crotch guard, and in my case, a polyethylene chest guard to keep the fellas from being shy about smacking the chest region ;)

Umm, other than that, nothing special - standard wallbag, standalone heavybag, standard dummy. Ummm, escrima sticks when we train against people using club-like weapons, heavy sailboat rope to train against people using chain-like weapons.

kungfu cowboy
02-19-2002, 10:42 AM
heavy sailboat rope to train against people using chain-like weapons.

I am having trouble figuring this one out! What are you talking about? I am picturing something resembling a Mr. Tom Selleck, Nazi Oooze Kick, and that can't be right!

JasBourne
02-19-2002, 10:53 AM
we don't do it a lot, but we do train a bit to defend against someone using a chain-like weapon, like, you know, a chain and stuff ;)

Thick sailing rope, like 1 inch diameter or so, moves a lot like towing-grade chain does, and hurts enough to get your attention. It's just another thing to prepare for, to not be startled by. We train to not be freaked out by the swing, to move in quickly and take the advantage out from under the attacker.

:D

kungfu cowboy
02-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Ooohhhh! I thought you meant the rope was somehow used to defend against a chain. Thanks!