PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian (1934-2002)

Ilya Profatilov
02-12-2002, 10:28 AM
One of the last great masters of Praying Mantis Boxing, Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian has passed away.

Dear All:

"It is with the heaviest of hearts that I must inform you all of the passing of Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian due to illness. All those who met Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian knew him to be one of the purest martial artists, and kindest of souls. His passing constitutes a loss of such importance that it can not be overstated. As many of you know, Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian was the son of GM Wang Yushan and the grandson of GM Song Zide of GM Jiang Hualong’s branch of Praying Mantis Boxing.

Throughout his life Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian worked diligently to promote and preserve his authentic lineage of Grand Ultimate Praying Mantis Boxing (Taiji Tanglang Quan), and was always eager to help others pursue this common cause. Needless to say the surviving practitioners, those who met Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian and those who did not, will endeavor to preserve the purity and scope of Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian’s lineage and tradition. This we must do to honor all that Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian has done for us, and for the Martial Arts community at large. His vast knowledge, skills, and generosity will be missed - and remembered."

Best regards,

Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian’s disciples: Ilya A. Profatilov, Patrick Cassam-Chenai, grand-disciples Thomas F. Aylward II, Gary S. Meier, Robert Herman, George Lisjak and all disciples, grand-disciples, students and members of our Praying Mantis Boxing lineage in China, Russia, USA and France.

Please visit a new webpage dedicated to the late Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian. There you will find photos and video footages of the late Grandmaster Wang Yuanqian performing traditional Grand Ultimate Praying Mantis Boxing (Taiji Tanglang Quan).

http://prayingmantisboxing.com/wangyuanqian.html

Stacey
02-12-2002, 12:50 PM
Thats sad, well, looks like your masterless. Now what?:(

Skarbromantis
02-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the lost, may he rest in peace.

Skard1

Stacey
02-13-2002, 12:36 PM
what did he die of? He seemed like a healthy guy, this comes as a suprise. Was there anyone around him as of late that you don't quite trust?

I just can't beleive it.

The Power
02-27-2002, 04:18 PM
My Heart felt Condolences.