PDA

View Full Version : Attn: JWTAYLOR

Tigerstyle
02-12-2002, 12:36 PM
I read a while ago that you had mentioned Matt Furey's Combat Conditioning routines. I was wondering if you had the book or the videos and what you thought of them.

I am interested in checking it out, but I'm a little wary of dropping $30+ bucks on a book if it's just going to be about push-ups and squats. What kind of info is in it? Anyone else have any info on it?

If you don't have any of the above mentioned info then I apologize, and I don't want to waste any more of your time on this thread :p

Thanks.

Tigerstyle
02-12-2002, 02:09 PM
bump, for JWT or anyone else that would like to contribute.

Thank you

JWTAYLOR
02-12-2002, 03:57 PM
Sorry, just checked the board.

I have not seen any of Matt Furey's videos. But I do have the book, Combat Conditioning. I think there has been a revision since the one I bought, but I'm not sure.

There are ALLOT of different exercises in this book. It's definately more than just squats and pushups. You will find that there are several different "routines" you can put together from the exercises.

Worth the cash for the book. I can't vouch for everthing Furey sells, but if you don't like the book I'll buy back from you.

JWT

Merryprankster
02-12-2002, 03:59 PM
JWT,

sorry to hijack thread. Posted a response to your neck choke issue. It's been bumped to the 2nd page.

JWTAYLOR
02-12-2002, 04:28 PM
On it. Thanks for the help.
JWT

Tigerstyle
02-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Wow, JWT's personal money back guarantee! I can't go wrong! (except that I have never personally met JWT, so I can't honestly trust him futher than I can throw him ;) ).

Thanks for the response (not you, MP :p ). I will seriously consider ordering it.

GreyMystik
02-12-2002, 08:28 PM
i've met JWT.
i'd vouch for him.
course since you haven't met ME, that's not saying much is it :)

JWTAYLOR
02-13-2002, 07:50 AM
And don't forget, I get thrown pretty far. People love using me for an uke. Lots of flailing.

JWT

C. Martin
02-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Hey JWT, What's up? I don't know if you ever read my reply to your post about Rooster, but I did reply, and again I appreciate it. So will you be joining us on April 27th? It's going to be a great event. I've already got three matches lined up. I hope that all is going well for you.

Oh, and we are using many of Matt's exercises to prepare for a MMA full contact event, and we are thrilled with the results. The routines can be very challenging (read: next to impossible), but the results are fantastic. Check his book out.