PDA

View Full Version : James SUN

JMagnano
02-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Did anyone read the article in the current issue of Kung Fu Qigong Magazine ( March/April). The Article discusses 8 Step Praying Mantis and is really a great article.

What is VERY Interesting is that JAMES SUN is starting MANTIS MOUNTAIN which will be equivalent to SHOALIN TEMPLE in CHINA.

Does anyone know where MANTIS MOUNTAIN will be?

I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA and sounds WONDERFULLY EXCITING for SPM disciples!!!!:D

Paul
02-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know where MANTIS MOUNTAIN will be?

Mount St. Helens?

Rolling_Hand
02-12-2002, 05:10 PM
JMagnano,

Why that face?

Is he a clown?

JMagnano
02-19-2002, 02:37 PM
I meant he is Absolutely NOT a clown. I just meant a happy smiling face to show I was happy to hear about him and the article in Kung Fu Magazine and especially about his Mantis Mountain.

Rolling_Hand
02-19-2002, 02:54 PM
hi,

I know...!!!
Everyone has an opinion.
And that's mine.

JMagnano
02-28-2002, 01:13 PM
If anyone knows where James Sun's Mantis Mountain will be please post it here and/or in Kung Fu Qigong magazine. Again I'm happy for James Sun and for HIS Mantis Mountain!

NorthernMantis
06-05-2002, 05:47 PM
It's a good thing I found this thread. JM you might want to try the northern mantis forum. There are 8 step mantis practitioners there. As far as mantis mountain I'm not sure what that will be. I think he probably was referring to the mountain where northern mantis was found lao shan but that's in China not in the U.S. I guess it'll be the name of his kwoon.

Hideous
06-06-2002, 08:20 AM
Joseph T. Magnano - I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA and sounds WONDERFULLY EXCITING for SPM disciples!!!!

How so?

From the 8 Step web page – “The American Chinese Martial Arts Federation is a network of schools throughout the United States and Canada dedicated to the teaching of Eight Step Preying Mantis Kung Fu, a traditional Chinese martial arts system with a lineage that can be traced back hundreds of years to the Shaolin Temples of China.”

8 Step is not Hakka hand, has no roots in the Kwongsi Jook Lum Temple, has no stated connection with Chu Gar Gao Tong Long and therefore is not Southern Praying Mantis. Any of the 3, not all 3, need be present in order to qualify as SPM.

Or were you using SPM to denote geographic location as in the location of the Shaolin Temple from which it claims roots being in southern China?

Please allow me to thank you in advance for any response you may choose to post.

Cannibalism is unequivocally a valid dynamic for all societies. I am, Hideous

JMagnano
06-06-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by NorthernMantis
It's a good thing I found this thread. JM you might want to try the northern mantis forum. There are 8 step mantis practitioners there. As far as mantis mountain I'm not sure what that will be. I think he probably was referring to the mountain where northern mantis was found lao shan but that's in China not in the U.S. I guess it'll be the name of his kwoon.

No, Mantis Mountain will be in America and will be like Shaolin Temple except I don't know where in America.

JMagnano
06-06-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Hideous
Joseph T. Magnano - I THINK IT'S A GREAT IDEA and sounds WONDERFULLY EXCITING for SPM disciples!!!!

How so?

From the 8 Step web page – “The American Chinese Martial Arts Federation is a network of schools throughout the United States and Canada dedicated to the teaching of Eight Step Preying Mantis Kung Fu, a traditional Chinese martial arts system with a lineage that can be traced back hundreds of years to the Shaolin Temples of China.”

8 Step is not Hakka hand, has no roots in the Kwongsi Jook Lum Temple, has no stated connection with Chu Gar Gao Tong Long and therefore is not Southern Praying Mantis. Any of the 3, not all 3, need be present in order to qualify as SPM.

Or were you using SPM to denote geographic location as in the location of the Shaolin Temple from which it claims roots being in southern China?

Please allow me to thank you in advance for any response you may choose to post.

Boy you sound antagonistic to 8Step. It has a connection to Tong Long and is Bamboo Forest. It comes complete with real monks in real robes who are REAL GOOD!

JMagnano
06-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by JMagnano

Oh I read your tag line HIDEOUS about cannibilism be acceptable to all societies and being a "valid dynamic" of all societies. Now I know why your antagonistic to 8step (and probebly all martial arts). I notice in your profile your from the plant earth but you don't go into much more detail. Are you in any of the professions HIDIOUS. Tell me more about your fascination HIDEOUS with cannibilism as it's in all your POSTS in Kung Fu on line.

NorthernMantis
06-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Umm did I miss something here?:confused:

Well in case someone misunderstood 8step mantis is a "northern" style. It has shai chiao, hsing-yi, and ba gua elements combined with mantis minus the monkey footwork.

Hideous
06-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Thank you ever so kindly for the clarification NorthernMantis as it conforms to what the 8 Step web page states as the facts surrounding this method.

Joe M. is very much confused and yet he comes across as someone who is sincere and very much into promoting 8 Step to which I say, good for him and good for his sytem.

Certainly the E-Mei Mountain internal arts being incorporated into 8 Step would have led a reasonably experienced individual to conclude that 8 Step is not in the SPM Pai.

Hideous
06-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Jmagnano - Now I know why your antagonistic to 8step (and probebly all martial arts).

Perhaps true and perhaps not. My question for you is 2 fold. How is it you think I possess antagonism unless, of course, you meant to type [you're] rather than [your]? Do you know how to use Spell Check?

Jmagnano - I notice in your profile your from the plant earth but you don't go into much more detail.

If you look closely you will notice that I go into NO more detail. Why do you quibble?

Jmagnano - Are you in any of the professions HIDIOUS.

I have no idea what you are asking, Joseph. Do you know what you are asking?

Jmagnano - Tell me more about your fascination HIDEOUS with cannibilism as it's in all your POSTS in Kung Fu on line.

It all stems from a rather lengthy stay in the undeveloped territories of New Guinea, Joseph.

JMagnano
06-11-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Hideous
Jmagnano - Now I know why your antagonistic to 8step (and probebly all martial arts).

Perhaps true and perhaps not. My question for you is 2 fold. How is it you think I possess antagonism unless, of course, you meant to type [you're] rather than [your]? Do you know how to use Spell Check?

Jmagnano - I notice in your profile your from the plant earth but you don't go into much more detail.

If you look closely you will notice that I go into NO more detail. Why do you quibble?

Jmagnano - Are you in any of the professions HIDIOUS.

I have no idea what you are asking, Joseph. Do you know what you are asking?

Jmagnano - Tell me more about your fascination HIDEOUS with cannibilism as it's in all your POSTS in Kung Fu on line.

It all stems from a rather lengthy stay in the undeveloped territories of New Guinea, Joseph.

"Hidious" sounds like you enjoyed your stay in the undeveloped and even developed nations as it's an acceptable dynamic in all societies as you put it.

You are hidious,"Hidious."

JMagnano
06-11-2002, 12:19 PM
"Hidious" sounds like you really "Grooved" there!

Hideous
06-11-2002, 03:40 PM
JM - "Hidious" sounds like you enjoyed your stay in the undeveloped and even developed nations as it's an acceptable dynamic in all societies as you put it.

Enjoyed? I never really contemplated the experiences in terms of a pleasure factor. [Came to appreciate] is more in synch with my memories.

JM - You are hidious,"Hidious."

Indeed JM, indeed.