PDA

View Full Version : I've heard it before...

Ray Pina
02-12-2002, 02:41 PM
but now I understand it: When the practice does you.

It's beaitiful, now that I think about it.

Justa Man
02-12-2002, 08:40 PM
umm....huh?!

Ray Pina
02-13-2002, 09:29 AM
I read this once a while ago.

Then Sunday I was writing (I'm working on a book), the words were flowing well for some time. Then my hand started to pulse a bit, like I needed a break. But I was antsy. This has been happening lately. For the past month or two I'd just shadow box to burn off what seemed like excess energy.

But Sunday, I just found myself walking the circle, or, in my wierd shaped pad, a large rectangle type shape. I just found myself doing it. Not like, "I'm going to practice now." Those are tough sessions. Lately I just find myself doing it. Not even a conscious decision. My body just needs to do it.

I have a long way to go with this practice, a real long way -- very frustrating, learning how to walk at 27 :) -- but I also had a break through. I believe I understand it now, the ideal.

Doing it perfectly every time is another story. Even 45% of the time. But that's what practice is for.

Justa Man
02-13-2002, 01:35 PM
that's cool man. keep chipping away. i wish my crib was large enough to circle walk in. then i wouldn't have to journey all the way to my school at weird hours to get in my circle walk practice.

Ray Pina
02-13-2002, 02:27 PM
Believe me, there is nothing very spacious about my crib.

The illusion is that I just moved from a studio that was like a college dorm room. Now I actually have rooms and it seems like a pallace -- which its not; but its home.

I just walk straight till I'm about to hit something, then cut an angle.

It's not so bad. I studied S. Mantis in a hallway. That was interesting.