PDA

View Full Version : Lower Basin?

Zantesuken
02-12-2002, 10:26 PM
what is lower basin and upper basin? i've seen it on a few threads having to do w/ celibacy and stuff. i know you need to remain pretty celibate to unlock lower basin and stuff but what exactly is it?

Justa Man
02-13-2002, 01:47 PM
from the little i know, lower basin is walking with your upper legs parallel to the floor. upper basin is walking with legs only slightly bent. middle basin is about a 45 degree angle bend in the legs (hence, the "middle" in middle basin).

Ray Pina
02-13-2002, 02:21 PM
This may sound silly, but: How do you walk with your upper legs paralell to the floor?

Ray Pina
02-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Dah!

I get it. Sinking into a sort of horse I gues. Right now I'm focused on other things, and that's none of my business.

crumble
02-14-2002, 07:39 AM
... because I'm interested, too.

shaolinboxer
02-14-2002, 08:57 AM
It would seem the only way to do that would be to rotate you entire body around one foot, then th other, taking giant spinning steps.

Justa Man
02-14-2002, 09:08 PM
when i say "walk" i mean circle walking. the leg from the knee up is parallel to the ground. this is lower basin as i've learned it thus far.
i wish some of these internal guys with more experience than i (5 years) would help clarify things.
does this help shaolinboxer?
just remember, it is something that is worked up to and can take many years of training before it can be done correctly.

Justa Man
02-14-2002, 09:08 PM
when i say "walk" i mean circle walking. the leg from the knee up is parallel to the ground. this is lower basin as i've learned it thus far. evolutionfist got it right in thinking of a horse stance's depth.
i wish some of these internal guys with more experience than i (5 years) would help clarify things.
does this help shaolinboxer?
just remember, it is something that is worked up to and can take many years of training before it can be done correctly.