PDA

View Full Version : you guys know anything about this:OT

diego
02-12-2002, 11:04 PM
http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=9822120&usernum=1301190934

prana
02-12-2002, 11:20 PM
that is very sad. I dot understand the "spoilt Americans" comment though ... (??)

diego
02-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Alot of the posts over thier tend to deal with corruption withun bugbusiness Government.
What interested me about this link, Is that the fellow who posted that, Say's he is a foriegnor in canada, from the parts of africa relating to thus post.
He wrote in certain parts of africa arab's are enslaving certain Black Tribe's. Some one else wrote, it's not just the arabs, but blacks enslave blacks also.

A argument ensued, & what i'm wondering is, If what he is posting is true, he wrote that large groups of arabs are doing this, from what he wrote it sounded like on a almost govermental scale, inthat it's not just "pirates" kidnapping people, its armys coming in causing the destruction.
Now im thinking if this is true why havent i heard of this where"s the un, i mean you hear about triad sweatshops where they send a native of china abroad, tricking them into a cheap visa, then they get hit with a fortie thousand$ Back-fee.

imo this should be frontpage editorial on c.n.n
So i posted here, because understand the chap who posted the link, say's his village and family were destroyed, and this is happening right now,
So i post this here because i know thier is many members outside north america, who may have some knowledge on this.

red_fists
02-13-2002, 12:16 AM
Diego.

There are a lot of bad things still going on in Africa.

Those are commited by a variety of groups Arabs, opposing African Tribes, some goverment. forces

Yes, forced labour is still common and stealing Kids to work on Farms, Factories, Sex Industry and similar is not that uncommon.

Not much you can do about it place is too big, infrastructur too low, etc.

Nichiren
02-13-2002, 02:31 AM
These comments are typical for left wing elements that think everything bad that happens in the world can be blamed on the west and particular the USA.

You all should read some of the sh!t printed in newspapers in Sweden sometimes, especially left wing papers. It just makes me sick... :mad:

It is really sad that these situations arouse from time to time but I blame it on natural catastrophes. Maybe UN could act sooner when something like this happens but the logistics and the political problems are not small. Btw, the biggest contributor to the UN budget is the USA.

Repulsive Monkey
02-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Proportioning of blame for these occurences is not the answer, and therefore when people say this is a natural catastrophe, a political resultant, an economical anomally of a third world country or just pure governmental ignorance to the basic needs of the citizens of their own country, then yes, one or more of these could be the reason. In this world we have to realise that although these things are by most civil beings considered wrong and attrocious, we must act upon those who suffer and open our hearts to their plight, regardless of how they got there. These things will never end unfortunately.

When the first Noble Truth of Buddhism says that all life is suffering, it means that most of it (if not all) is self generated. By no means do I infer that the poor and unfortunate child is resonsible for the pitiful situation he/she was facing, but I mean on a more global scale. I am no great thinker, I am not enlightened to the truth, I have no answers to much in life, but I do feel that honest and unconditional compassion is the much abandoned key that can re-configure how we all can put an end to such and other like attrocities. It trully costs nothing to give it a try.

On a more personal note, I have seen a lot of Kevin Carter's journalistic work and feel that I too would be lowered into a hellish realm if I had to encounter such visual images as he did in his life. It is a shame that he took his life, because even if he was driven to despair by the revelations that his work exposed him to, there was some merit in his work in that he brought to our attentions from a photographic point of view the definitions of such words as harrowing, destitute and suffering.

Kuen
02-13-2002, 06:59 AM
I recently saw a program on one of the Discovery satelite stations on which they showed film of some Arab slave traders who had around 1000 men, women and children marching single file and manacled together that were to be sold into slavery. Fortunately, some wealthy people from the UK & USA had established a fund and were able to "buy" these people from the slavers and set them free.

diego
02-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Nicheran, alot of africas famines were because of drought mixed with the chaos of civil war.
What he was saying is they are using manmade famine as a weapon, & i just thought of something harsh, think about if this happens for another hundred years, eventually those kidnapped will have no traces of thier culture in thier land, and thier seeds will be born into slavery thinking thats all thier was.
sounds like what happenned to the natives who grew up in the rez in the 40s&50s, and codes of old egypt.
Isn't it 2002.