PDA

View Full Version : Kwan saihung any views??

Internal Boxer
02-13-2002, 06:25 AM
I have just been reading this awesome book about Kwan Saihung a taoist master, does anybody know anything about him or has trained with him or knows anyone who has?? its just some of the stuff that is written seems a bit too dramatic.

Any thoughts?

blkbelt65
02-13-2002, 06:37 AM
What book was that?

count
02-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Another thread! (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8257)

Shaolindynasty
02-13-2002, 09:24 AM
I posted on the other thread but....the book is a mix of fiction and truth. Kwan Saihung is a real Taoist and my sifu trained under him. That's where my qigong comes from his website www.easternhealthpractices.org

taijiquan_student
02-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Great book. I highly recommend it.

It's not his real life like they make it out to be, though.

Internal Boxer
02-13-2002, 01:36 PM
Taijiquan student

What I do not understand is why on his web site it says he was born in 1920 his photos were in 1985 making him 65 (as KFcowboy pointed out) and 82 now.

It is bewildering. Is it just me? I am not questioning his ability. Because I feel very uncomfortable casting judgement on anyone, I simply cannot, even though the book is an excellent read, I just feel quite sad about how should I put it... ah..... the poetic licence given to his life.

I just feel other MA see IMA as an endless source of derision.

(bangs head repeatedly on brick wall, then hangs head is despair)
:(

Stacey
02-15-2002, 10:32 PM
he's cute, I read the book about him, great read. The Wandering Taist. I think the book was spruced up, but I believe he's telling the truth on the essential facts. Then again to a Taoist your entire life is simply a dream of a butterfly so the "Who cares for factual detail" was probably prevalent.