PDA

View Full Version : Meet the real life Hong Kong Phooey

Radhnoti
02-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Heard this the other day, thought I'd go get the article and share...it's semi-on-topic! :p I LOVE his last quote in this article. :)

"Meet Hong Kong Phooey
By NICK PARKER

CARTOON fan Gary Brett is in the doghouse after changing his name to Hong Kong Phooey.

Gary, 29, took the monicker of the telly canine superhero by deed poll — without telling wife Danielle.

She hit the roof days later when their council tax bill arrived addressed to Mr HK Phooey.

Librarian Danielle, 26, raged: “It took Gary a long time to get me to drop my maiden name and call myself Brett.

“If he thinks I’m calling myself Mrs Phooey he’s got another think coming. He’s done daft things before but this takes the dog biscuit.”

Plumber Gary, of Potters Bar, Herts, paid £38 on an internet site to adopt the name of the kung-fu kicking crimefighter, a 70s kids’ favourite on BBC1.

His council tax, mobile phone and driving licence have already been altered to his new title.

Gary said: “I’ve loved Hong Kong Phooey since I was a boy and always wanted to be named after him.

“I’m quite serious about being known as Mr Phooey.

“Danny was a bit upset. But she should be honoured to be married to a Number One Superguy who’s quicker than a human eye.” "

-Source The UK Sun

Badger
02-13-2002, 09:40 AM
He has a car that just won't stop,
When the going gets rough he's super tough with his Hong Kong Phooey chop....Yaaaaa!!!

Frank Exchange
02-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Yeah! That guy is from my home county! Mad Props to him.

After all, He's got style, with a groovy smile, and a car that just won't stop.

Can't remember the rest, but it ends in "with a hong kong phooey chop" :)

Skarbromantis
02-13-2002, 09:42 AM
Now thats funny !!

Im going to change my name to:

The Dalai Seng Shih after the great Temple Kung Fu Master His holyness Grand Master Simon :D

Skard1

Frank Exchange
02-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Thank you Badger, for the correct words. So, we have:

"He's got style, with a groovy smile, and a car that just won't stop
When the going gets rough he's super tough with his Hong Kong Phooey chop"

Hiiiiii yah!

Radhnoti
02-13-2002, 09:47 AM
You have to admit...the resemblence is stunning. :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2002060518,00.jpg

PHILBERT
02-13-2002, 09:57 AM
OMFG! Oh man that is just freaking hilarious! Oh man he looks more like Santa Clause doing Kung Fu if you ask me.

Badger
02-13-2002, 10:05 AM
He looks like that dude who used to hang out with Space Ghost....in a Santa Claus suit.

Badger

Budokan
02-13-2002, 01:06 PM
I like the cartoon also. When I was a kid.

What a loser to focus his life on something like this. Anyone want to take bets on how long his marriage is gonna last now...?

Felipe Bido
02-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Ok, now we have a Hong Kong Phooey and a Peter pan:

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/

...what next?

PHILBERT
02-13-2002, 01:42 PM
A few years ago a lady changed her name to Obi-Wan Kenobi for like $500 from some radio station.

African Tiger
02-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Tell me that guy doesn't look like Robin dressed as one of the Ambiguously Gay Super Duo! :D

His poor wife...