PDA

View Full Version : How many different wooden dummy systems are there?

Erasmus Lightstone
01-13-2001, 03:04 AM
This is in response to the WC vs. CLF dummy question below. Someone said something about a Hung Gar dummy too. Does every souther syle have one?

fiercest tiger
01-13-2001, 05:04 AM
there isnt a wooden dummy system, unless ive been locked in the closet for years.

well if there is then great! where can i find it? :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

kull
01-13-2001, 01:23 PM
Not sure if every southern style have woooden dummy. But Bai Mei is another style that has wooden dummy training.

alecM
01-13-2001, 05:43 PM
I believe Mok Gar kung fu uses a large hollow bamboo to develop their kicking power

Saying is not boasting at all

mantis108
01-13-2001, 10:12 PM
Lung Ying (Dragon Style) has a Wooden Dummy Form also. I have never seen it myself, but have heard it from the elders that it is performed within 4 flooring tiles. The Dummy is a great training tool. It's also a blessing since it's smoother and sharped unlike the tree trucks, which the old school Lung Ying Sifus would have us practiced with. Hate the scratches.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

iamaloser
01-14-2001, 02:06 AM
I think any system can benefit from using some form of wooden dummy whether native to the system or not. Why limit yourself?

Kung Lek
01-18-2001, 01:00 AM
Hi-

Mook Jong training is augmentation training.
It can be found in a variety of systems.

Wing chun has a specific design of the wooden man and CLF has a different dsign for the wooden man.

wing chun has three arms and a leg and body.

clf has an extra arm at the top of the Mook Jong which is spring loaded for "pulling down and trapping power development"

I have seen home fashioned mook jong that will do the job and of course the earliest training devices would have been just good ol trees and bundles of bamboo.

They are very well known in WC and CLF but mook jong training is a benifit to any system.

peace

Kung Lek